We are moving 5 expensive sit-down arcade games from New Jersey to Colorado, to be picked up May 19, 2013. We thoroughly studied the moving companies before choosing Super Jet, as they had limited complaints compared to others (the decision was not based on a discount price).
Jason promised the following, verbally:
- Our shipment would be picked up immediately;
- The shipment will take no longer than a total of 10-12 days from Pick up to Delivery;
- The games would arrive no later than June 9, 2013; Jason chose this date as he stated that he needed to allow themselves 21 days for shipping just in case of unknown delays, but the games would be delivered within the 12 days without any unanticipated delays occurring;
- The Binding Moving Estimate that Jason provided, and we signed, we not change under any circumstances;
- Jason would be "with us, start to finish - he is our contact";
- Jason would provide the Drivers' cell phone number as soon as the arcades were moved from the lift truck to the semi;
- The arcades would only be moved, guaranteed, a total of 3 times: Pickup to lift truck, Lift truck to Semi, Semi to lift truck, and delivered;
- Juper Jet would properly package and wrap all arcades;
- We would be updated at every step as our equipment went from pickup to delivery;
- Jason would update us on Sunday, May 19th, once our equipment was on the truck;
- We emphasized that we, ourselves, needed to rent our own lift truck also on the delivery end, to move 2 of the arcades to another location -- As we must make arrangements, we must know the delivery date in advance. Jason guaranteed that we would have notice well in advance so we would have time for this arrangement
We agreed to arrange with Jason on a Binding Moving Estimate, the following:
- Cost $2998;
- Lift-gate truck to be provided at both pick-up and delivery;
- Wrapping (packaging) of all machines by Super Jet
- Delivery date of June 9, 2013 (listed on the Binding contract as a "1st Available Delivery". This date was chosen by Jason, with the expanation that he must allow 21 days, but we would be delivered within 12 days, (barring any unforeseen delays).
May 19, 2013 -
- The equipment was picked up as agreed;
- The two (2) drivers arrived with a ramp truck. NO lift gate was provided;
- The seller was forced to help the moving employees/driver as they could not have moved the games without his help (we have pictures);
- The arcade equipment was then moved off of the truck by ramp into Super Jet's warehouse (not a part of the agreement at all)
May 20, 2013 -
- We receive a phone call from a woman at Super Jet (we believe this was Michelle):
- She states that our (measured and verified) arcades took up 300sf more space (equating to a room of 30' x 10', which is not possible with these games);
- I told her that if there was any additional space taken, it would be due to the packaging. She responded rudely, 'so.... you did not wish for us to wrap or package your equipment?'. I said that this is not what I was saying.... I was saying that Super Jet should have accounted for this packaging allowance, as our Binding agreement included the packaging;
- Super Jet requires more money if we wish for our "equipment to be delivered (hesitation.....) in a timely manner";
- I state that this square footage is not possible, and also - we have a Binding agreement which Jason guaranteed would not change (and New Jersey law states that it cannot change under this agreement);
- This person states that they did not receive our Paypal payment made on May 19th as agreed to their Paypal account, and they have no Paypal account;
- She provides a Chase account number that she wants funds to be deposited to;
- After enough abuse from this person, I stated that I wish to speak with Jason, she states that he is not working, and she is his supervisor. I told her that I would speak no further with her and wish to speak to her superior. We hung up.
- I call Paypal who verifies that Super Jet did receive the payment of $650 due on May 19th, and provided me with the name of the person that the Paypal account is held under.
May 20, 2013
- I called and talked to Lisa:
- I asked if they received their Paypal payment, she says they have not yet;
- I provided her with the name that the Paypal account is held under for Super Jet;
- I requested the name of the person who called us, she does not know but will find out.
May 21, 2013
- I called and talked to Lisa:
- She states that they are "still" having problems with email, will fax completed agreement within the hour; she never did.
- I called and talked to Jason:
- Once trailer is loaded they will have the Driver's cell number and will provide this to us;
- They now have payment; Jason will email updated copy reflecting $650 pmt; he does;
- He states that either Doris or Lisa will tell me once the truck is loaded;
- He states that the person who called me demanding money was a person he had instructed to do so (but did not provide a name), and that he has no supervisor, and Lisa and himself are at equal job positions (although Jason is Sales).
- We send a detailed email of the circumstances up until this date to Jason's email, the email provided at their website, and also their fax number with confirmation of receipt;
- In this correspondence we ask for a designated representative;
- We ask for contact from Super Jet confriming that our equipment is safely loaded for delivery (after detailing the lack of a lift gate on the pickup end, and the multiple movements our equipment has likely endured since);
- We ask for all communication to be confirmed in writing, including confirmation of receipt of this correspondence;
- We receive no communication from Super Jet, either verbal or written.
May 29, 2013
- I called the 888 numberand left 2 messages, and called a 3rd time later in the day and finally talked to Lisa:
- Lisa statesthat our equipment is still at the warehouse;
- She states that delivery is set up for June 9th as we had requested to have delivery no SOONER than June 9th;
- I reiterate as I have done in multiple calls with Lisa, Michelle, and other unknown reps answering the phone -- that we wanted delivery as soon as possible and we never assigned a no-sooner-than date; Lisa insists that we assigned this date;
- Lisa states that the trailer is leaving 5/30/13 and she will have the Driver's phone number for us in 2-3 days. I ask why in 2-3 days and Lisa states that it is Super Jet "policy" to not provide this information until the truck has left the dock for 3 days;
- Lisa states that we can expect delivery between the 7th and the 10th.
June 3, 2013
- I call and Michelle asnwers:
- I ask for Driver's phone number; Michelle does not have a trip report so does not know the answer to this;
- She states that Lisa will know and Michelle will have her call me back in 1/2 hour;
- Michelle states that the earliest arrival date is June 9th as this is what we requested, I reiterate once again that we did not request nor fill in any dates asking them to delay the shipment;
- Lisa never calls back;
- I call and get Michelle again. She states that Lisa had an emergency, when she returns, where can she call. I give her our phone numbers again.
June 4, 2013
- I called and talked to Lisa:
- Lisa states that our equipment will be picked up from the warehouse June 5th and will be leaving after that. She can give me the Driver's number on Thursday, June 6th. She says that it is definitely going on the trailer June 5th, and
- There are two drivers so it will come directly to our delivery point.
- I called the Dispatch 973 number and a man answers:
- I explain to him the difficulties we have encountered;
- He promises that this is not the service that Super Jet provides, apologies, and tells me that he is here to help and will get things straightened out;
- He states that he has another call and puts me on hold;
- I held 40 minutes before he hung up on me.
- I called and talked to Lisa at 2:44 MST:
- Lisa insists that we completed and signed a form titled "Delivery Form" stating that we would not accept delivery before June 9th or 10th;
- I explain that I have all forms in front of me that were given tot he seller on the pickup end, and also to us as the purchaser of their services, and we do not have the form that she refers to;
- Lisa insists that we completed this form and and she will fax it over as she is looking at it now;
- I explain that we must arrange for our own lift truck, which is unavailable on Sunday (they are closed) to meet their lift truck, so I must have a delivery day;
- Lisa states that she will not delay shipment due to our circumstances if the driver arrives on Sunday; I tell her that she must not deliver on Sunday;
- Lisa is rude as she asks if she should turn away a shipment if they must deliver on Sunday;
- Lisa continues to talk over me and argue with me as I ask her many times to listen to me, and as I have reiterated time and time again, we did not request a delay of shipment;
- Lisa states that she is leaving in a half hour;
- I ask her to fax over the form she is referring to;
- Lisa states that as she is leaving shortly, she has important customers to deal with before leaving and will not fax or email today (although she states that she is looking at the form as we are speaking);
- She hangs up on me.
- We send another correspondence consisting of 3 pages detailing all that has occurred to date and referencing also the correspondence sent on 5/22. We send this to all the same communication lines previously contacted;
- We request full contact information for the highest Management or Owner (which we had verbally requested before - Lisa had stated that they rarely see the Owner and indicated there was no way to get ahold of him/her);
- We state that they are to provide driver contact information no later than Thursday 6/6/13 by close of business;
- We receive no response.
June 5, 2013
- No fax nor attempt of fax as proven by dual caller-id units.
Thursday June 6, 2013
- I called and talked to Connie:
- I asked if Lisa was available, Connie says she is;
- I asked if perhaps Connie could help me;
- She asked for the Job # and I gave it to her;
- Connie put me on hold;
- Then hung up on me.
- I called back and talked to Lisa:
- I asked for the Driver's phone number; she does not have it;
- I asked for the promised fax and gave her the fax number again, she said she would fax it;
- 5:00 MST no fax has been received;
- Lisa states that our equipment will probably ship today;
- Lisa will give us the Driver's phone number on Monday;
- I asked her why she could not give it to us tomorrow, she now states because the equipment won't be loaded and complete until tomorrow (5 machines); and no one is available over the weekend;
- I stated that they are always there on the weekend, can't the others provide the phone number?;
- Lisa states that she has to get it into the computer, and she is alone and won't have it entered into the computer before Monday, or possibly late tomorrow afternoon. She states that I can try calling over the weekend, otherwise I am to call her on Monday (June 9th);
- I told Lisa that the delivery is to arrive Sunday or Monday, she says that no it is not. She said they never promised it would be delivered Monday June 9th.
It is now 5:00 on Thursday June 6th, 2013 and we do not know where our equipment is, nor when or if it will ever be delivered.
We are posting this complaint as we have read a complaint on this same site, provided by another customer of Super Jet who was then contacted by the Owner who apparently did not know the practices and lack of service and communication provided by the employees of Super Jet. We pray to hear from the Owner.