Complaint Review: Swatch Group U.S.

• Submitted: Tue, March 22, 2016
  • Updated: Tue, March 22, 2016
  • Reported By: Joe — Daphne Alabama USA
  • Swatch Group U.S.
    5301 Blue Lagoon Dr
    Miami, Florida
    USA

Swatch Group U.S. Omega Repair Center Fraudulent Repair Charges Miami Florida

I had not worn my Omega watch for several days. It had stopped (normal if not wound). I wound the watch and nothing happened.

I took my watch to the nearest Omega repair center (Swatch Group). They emailed me an estimate of $802.45. I replied and asked for the specific problem and the specific cost to fix the specific problem. They replied and said, "...the movement is not maintaining a full power level...requires a complete maintenance service..." The estimate remained $802.45.

I went in and picked up my watch. I wound it slightly and it worked. Either the repair center is severely incompetent to see this, or this was fraudulent/rip off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2016 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/swatch-group-us/miami-florida-33126/swatch-group-us-omega-repair-center-fraudulent-repair-charges-miami-florida-1295208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content