Complaint Review: Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse

• Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse

Dallas, Texas
    USA

Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse Deceptive Cancellation Policy Dallas Texas

I recently placed a Brother sewing machine on lay-away with Sweeptakes-Clearinghouse. When I changed my mind about the item and wanted to cancel the order, I was told that I could not get my down payment back--I could only apply it toward another item. Perhaps this little detail was somewhere in the very, very fine print, but I do not recall reading it.  Since I do not want any other item, Sweepstakes Clearinghous will continue to take a $1.00 service fee out of the down payment until it is depleted!  I am being forced to lose the money I gave them for nothing or purchase something I do not want.

Furthermore, the shipping charges are not given prior to placing an order, so what appears to be a good deal ends up costing a lot of money in the end.  I will never use another wonderful "discount" coupon from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2014 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sweepstakes-clearinghouse/dallas-texas/sweepstakes-clearinghouse-deceptive-cancellation-policy-dallas-texas-1147870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content