Complaint Review: swipebids.com

Internet
    United States of America

swipebids.com Beware, Don't be Duped by this company Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Swipebids

swipebids.com allures you on their homepage with fancy statements and carefully placed logos.

When you enter page 2 of their registration they fail to make it clear to you that you are about to be charged $150.00 membership fee. They give you no warning at all.

They do not give you an invoice or notice that if you continue you will be charged, they took $150.00 through unauthorized transaction, charged it to my credit card.

I went through normal procedures, talked to them through live chat only to get a run around and a bunch of company policy talk, they refuse to refund my credit card.

They told me in order to get my refund, I have to use up my unspent bids and fill out a 4 page document pdf.file

And mail that form in to them for them to review and if I qaulify I will get my money back.

I called my credit card company and filed a dispute, what did they tell me? that I cannot dispute cause I gave them authorization by giving them my credit card info!

After being on the phone with my credit card company they finally got swipebids on the phone and verbally agreed to refund the $150.00 just to give them 5-10 days.

And I did receive an email stating it will be at least 6 days to see the refund reflected back onto my card and the credit card company told me they will give them 30 days.

And yes they got me too with an 11.95 nonrefundable charge, some auto-bid program, they said they will remove that as well.

Steer clear of this site, I am a very careful person except this one time. Always do research first!

And save everything you get, emails, live chat conversations, it helps to keep proof of what did and did not happen.

Be pushy to get your money back, I got stone-walled over and over again but I stuck with it and hopefully I do see the refund if not I am back on the phones.

I also can't get them to cancel my account on their site so it is another headache to deal with

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2010 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/swipebidscom/internet/swipebidscom-beware-dont-be-duped-by-this-company-internet-618987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Swipebids

AUTHOR: SwipeBids - (USA)

Good Afternoon Angelia,

I am sorry you have had such a negative experience with our company, my name is Jennifer, Head of Customer Service with Swipebids. After reading your post I am curious as to whether or not you have received your refund, and if you would like your account cancelled as mentioned at the very end. Please contact me personally at jennifer@swipebids.com, please include your first/last name, user name, email linked with account, a brief description as well as the link to this post. I hope to hear from you soon as I would be more then happy to provide you with a resolution.

Regards,