Complaint Review: Symantec/Norton

• Reported By: Phoenix Arizona
  • Symantec/Norton
    20330 Stevens Creek
    Cupertino, California

Symantec ZERO "Customer Service" for non-functioning product Cupertino California

Email I haven't yet sent because I'm awaiting a refund:

After FOUR hours of MY precious time I finally got your program installed on MY computer.

SEPARATE ISSUE:

MAY 3, 2007
I - STUPIDLY - purchased & downloaded another 40mb Symantec Anti-virus program for MY SON'S computer (not MY computer).
AFTER 6 HOURS (including 45 minutes waiting for Symantec Technical Support to answer the phone) I could NOT get your program installed on MY SON'S computer.

Your non-English-speaking Tech Support person even took remote control of MY SON'S computer & during the process MY SON'S computer crashed and was disconnected from remote control.

MAY 4, 2007
I was unable to restart it & paid $60.00 for a computer specialist come to our home to get it rebooted. At this point I am out $100.00 + a good 4 hours of my time and do NOT have an anti-virus program on MY SON'S computer

MAY 5, 2007
I spent approximately 6 hours erasing MY SON'S hard drive and completely re-installing his operating system & programs.
In the process I downloaded & installed nod32, a user-friendly, simple-to-install anti-virus program.

Below is proof I paid for Norton's non-functiong program.

Account Type/Number: MyAccess Checking-****
Type: Check Card
Transaction Description: CHECKCARD 0502 DR*Symantec orderfind.comMN
Date: 05/03/2007
Reference Number:
Amount: $39.99

I DEMAND A REFUND OF $39.99 - NOW! - OR I WILL FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST SYMANTEC,WHICH WILL ALSO INCLUDE THE COST OF MY TIME AND ANY OTHER FUNDS MY ATTORNEY CAN SQUEEZE FROM YOU. I AM ALSO POSTING A COMPLETE RECORD OF THESE TRANSACTIONS AT www.ripoffreport.com, and any other website I can find that displays disgusting business practices to the public.

Bruce
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2007 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/symantecnorton/cupertino-california-95014/symantec-zero-customer-service-for-non-functioning-product-cupertino-california-248284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content