Complaint Review: Synchrony Bank

• Reported By: Areania — Las Vegas Nevada United States
  • Synchrony Bank

Draper, Utah
    United States

Synchrony Bank Care Credit As soon as I was almost done paying off my credit card. They tacked on 3,000 and added 30% interest rates to my account. Draper Utah

*Consumer Comment: More info please

I purchased a card from them a little over two years ago and I got the card for 7000 dollars credit. After making all my payments on time and only having 2500 dollars left to go, they added on a 3,000 interest fee. Saying that I passed my promotion and they lowered the amount of credit that I can use to 6500. Also the interest rates shot up to 30% interest. I called synchrony bank to ask them what happened and they were very rude and short with me. They told me I can pay 3000 today and they wouldn’t add the interest.

I couldn’t just come up with 3000, hence the reason I needed a credit card in the first place, so after getting absolutely no where with them over the phone. I am now stuck with 30 points knocked off my credit score. Now I am exceeding the amount I am able to spend on my card. They make it almost impossible to pay it off. I read many reviews on them and many others have had the same problem. They are taking your money but not freeing up credit so you’re able to use it. It keeps you locked in with them forever taking your money. This company is fraudulent and are robbing people blind!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2017 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/synchrony-bank/draper-utah/synchrony-bank-care-credit-as-soon-as-i-was-almost-done-paying-off-my-credit-card-they-1414857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

More info please

AUTHOR: Chaiya - (United States)

From your situation, it looks like there is a clause somewhere in the contract you signed stating something about 0% interest for a certain period of time. In other words, if you paid off all the credit you originally asked for, there would be no additional interest. Also, if you keep using the credit while your account still has balance, that meant you keep the balance going regardless how much you have paid into the account.

So your report is missing some information from your contract. Please clarify.