Complaint Review: System76

• System76

Nationwide
    USA

System76 System76 "support" and "warranty" are not honored. Nationwide

I purchased a system76 laptop as an additional computer.  The system failed very shortly after I purchased it while sitting untouched on a desk.  I left it there for a few months before paying to send it into their repair shop.  Every time I got the computer back the same 2 customer service idiots were the only people I was able to speak to regarding their interpretation of the warranty.  They claimed that replacing dysfunctional components covered clearly under warranty was a "favor" to me because it was a lot of work for them.

The same components failed 3 times and the last time they simply refused to fix the exact same ongoing issue and stopped responding or giving any proof that some customer service kid-nerd'a interpretation that it wasn't under warranty.  They simply closed my ticket every time I opened it and refused to let me contact anyone else in their organization.

Soon after I got the system76 one of my developer friends on the Ubuntu project explained that everyone he knew had already returned their s***** laptops shortly after getting them.  I clearly should have done the same.  Their customer service is notoriously cheap in reports all over the web.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2014 06:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/system76/nationwide/system76-system76-support-and-warranty-are-not-honored-nationwide-1149085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content