Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Sat, September 10, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, September 24, 2005

• Reported By:Davie Florida
T-Mobile
PO Box 37380 Albuquerque, New Mexico U.S.A.

T-Mobile, Supervisor Joe G. Of Customer Relations Supervisor was very rude, unprofessional and not willing to address my problem Ripoff Albuquerque New Mexico

*UPDATE Employee: I'm sorry for your experiance...However....

When I first bought the T-Mobile phone service on May 9, 2005 I was told by the sales person in Ohio that my plan would include 1000 minutes per month, unlimited nights and weekends and free phone calls from T-mobile to T-mobile. I recently realized that the mobile to mobile service was not included. In the morning of September 6, 2005 I checked my minutes and had 98 minutes remaining until my new 1000 minutes cycle would begin on September 9.

The calls that I made that day were from T-mobile to T-mobile which I thought all along were free. On September 6, 2005 I checked my minutes again after 6:00 pm and my account was showing I had used 1000 minutes and had gone over 25 minutes. I called customer service (1-800-937-8997) to let them know this should be incorrect because most of the calls I made on that day were to another T-mobile customer. The service representative that I spoke to argued with me that this is a feature that I have to pay for and is not included in my plan. I explained to him that when I first bought the phone I was told by the sales person in Ohio that my plan included unlimited free T-Mobile to T-Mobile phone calls. He kept insisting that I should get the feature of T-Mobile to T-Mobile for an additional $6.99 a month. He was not answering my questions and kept stating that I called in June and they offered this service to me and I refused it. He stated that he will add the feature so I could have unlimited mobile to mobile calls and that if I wanted to cancel my service I would have to pay the cancellation fee.

First of all I was not calling to cancel the service I just wanted to solve the problem about not having the unlimited mobile to mobile service like I was told it would be included in the plan when I first bought the phone. I explained to him that on that phone call in June the representative that I spoke with gave me additional minutes for being a new customer so I would get used to using this type of plan and no one ever told me that I would have to pay additionally if I wanted to make mobile to mobile phone calls. Since the customer service representative I was speaking with was not understanding me, I asked to speak to a supervisor. Then he stated he could not have me speak with a supervisor, that I would be contacted within a half an hour by one and then hung up on me. I waited more that half an hour and called back because no one contacted me.

I spoke with a lady which I explained everything that happened on the last phone conversation. This customer service representative apologized and then transferred me to her supervisor. It was very unpleasant to speak with this man who stated his name was Joe G and would not disclose any more information. He was very rude, unprofessional and not willing to address my problem. He stated that I should pay for going over my minutes and I would not be credited for the 25 minutes I went over. I ended getting the corporate fax number to write a complaint and I was left very discouraged about the customer service from this company. I would really appreciate it if someone could attend to this matter because the supervisor at T-mobile left me with no solution and very disappointed of the kind customer service provided by this company.

If you have any questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Sincerely,
Lillian

Lillian
Davie, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2005 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/t-mobile/albuquerque-new-mexico-87176/t-mobile-supervisor-joe-g-of-customer-relations-supervisor-was-very-rude-unprofessional-156617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile

Lillian,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had such a problem with your service and with a supervisor! I have worked in the call center management, and believe you me, that's not that we want our customers to think of us.

However, I do want to go over a few things with you about our service in general since I don't have your account in front of me.

The only time that our mobile to mobile service is included free with service is when you activate two or more lines on a family time plan. However, it sounds like you have a individual plan, so it would be 6.99/month to have the unlim mob2mob on your account. What the first rep should have done is explained this to you, apologized for the misinformation, then offered to put the feature on your acct and backdate it to remove the overages. If he didn't do it, the supervisor should have.

Please don't judge us by two bad experiances. There are always going to be bad apples in any company and I can assure you that we are doing our best to weed them out.