Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• T-Mobile
    P. O. Box 37380
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    United States of America

T-Mobile T-Mobile wrongly charging me a cancellation fee - refuses to comply or acknowledge the requested proof of address change. Albuquerque, New Mexico

*Author of original report: Resolution reached

We had a T-Mobile plan with two phones, but I moved and the new house had no coverage, so said T-Mobile.

Customer Relations instructed me to fax a copy of my driver's license, my husband's driver's license and a paper utility bill and they would not charge the contract termination of $600 for our phones.

I faxed it three times over four months (November - February 2013) and they will not acknowledge if they received the documents. I have called numerous times and collectively spent well over an hour talking to people who will not help. I double checked and confirmed transmission of the faxes, both in my fax log, and by sending copies to myself to confirm that they were legible.

The collections department continues to call my husband's phone Twice A DAY. When I try to talk to the collections person, they explain that they are a different department from Customer Service and that they have no choice to keep calling.

Today, February 19, 2013, after being on the phone for another 40 minutes, a customer service rep told me that I am "probably" sending the wrong documentation and that they will not process my adjustment unless I provide a Voter's Registration card! He said he was holding a memo that said I absolutely must provide my voter's registration card now.

We are being made to look like a delinquent account, being spoken down to, even after I have faxed my state driver's license, my husband's drivers license (highly personal information - with pictures!!) in conjunction with private information about my address and my utilities. I feel openly threatened by releasing this information with photographs - and to send it - three times confirmed, as requested by T-Mobile, and then have it not be acknowledged.

My husband and I are troubled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/t-mobile/albuquerque-new-mexico-87176/t-mobile-t-mobile-wrongly-charging-me-a-cancellation-fee-refuses-to-comply-or-acknowled-1016920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Resolution reached

AUTHOR: Kathleen - (USA)

February 21, 2013:

I wrote this report -

The same day I wrote this report, I got the email address of a Customer Service Manager at the Office of the President of T-Mobile (877) 290-6323, and I was called back by Lupec Chase within two days.  In that time, Lupec was able to correct the errors and removed the unwarranted contract cancellation fees (of hundreds of dollars).

As of this writing, the matter is completely corrected and closed.