Complaint Review: T-mobile
T-mobile T-mobile USA I want legal counsel interested in filing class action lawsuit! Bellevue Washington
We had Tmobile for over 12 years and in these 12 years we have engaged in many battles with you often spending days to work things out.But nothing is as egregious compared to the fraud you perpetrated on us from November 2010 to March 2012 and now you have the nerve to bill us for $500 and to send us to collection; and that became my impetus.
During this time:
1. You repeated refused to find ways to reduce our costs or give us a lower cost alternative plan at a time when my husband was unemployed and we were vulnerable and needed relief. You told us we had no other real alternative and what we had was the best and cheapest. You even made us pay our regular fees when we were out of the country or else (total of 3 months aggregate).
2. You engaged in consumer fraud by allowing vendors (latest was Thumbplay) to place fees on our billing without our active engagement. We were in midst of having you remove those fees also.
3. In or around March 2012, you wanted us to renew our 2-yr term, again without an alternatively cheaper plan, and gave us a $200 incentive which you posted onto our online account.
4. In the midst of these negotiations and 24 hrs after I talked to 3 of your representatives, you abruptly decided to shut down our account on a Sunday morning (March 18, 2012) when we were helpless and unable to find a service right away.
5. You cut off our services just days before my 2-yr contract ended and added a hefty penalty fee and service restore fee to up what you want to extort from us.
6. At the time of cut off, our remaining balance (after the $200 and the Thumbplay refunds) was only $30.45 or lesser, and a refund is due since we always pay one month in advance. Here is the clincher: WE DISCOVERED TMOBILE OWNS AND OPERATES A MUCH CHEAPER PROVIDER CALLED SIMPLE MOBILE WHICH WE NOW USE AND WHICH ALLOWS US TO NOT PAY FOR MONTH WHEN WE CANNOT USE THE SERVICES AS I HAVE JUST DONE!
Simple Mobile gives us unlimited calls and data for $40/mo per phone. The amount of monies we paid you for over-data through the years is likely $1000 and that is low balling it. Here is a quick estimate of what I believe Tmobile has damaged us by not helping us with a cheaper plan and by shutting our phones off to up our costs and to continue to extort more monies from us:
1. $80 monthly for 16 months totaling $1280 (x months to when Simple Mobile was formed)
2. $450 for the 3 months we were overseas and unable to use our phone
3. $300-400 for data overdrawn charges during this 16 months period
4. $200 you took back when you de-activated our phone taking away our ability to move forward
5. $160 or more refund due us at termination
Total: $2390-2490 in damages and excessive costs not including tariffs and lengthier time frame.
I do believe we have the beginnings of a consumer fraud class-action law suit here. Please let me know how you want to move forward. I will send this letter to the appropriate governing and oversight bodies and to news and online
mediums within 10 business days of July 4th. Kindly share this letter with your Board of Directors and how you intend to resolve this matter.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/t-mobile/bellevue-washington-98015-3410/t-mobile-t-mobile-usa-i-want-legal-counsel-interested-in-filing-class-action-lawsuit-bell-943944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: