Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• T-Mobile

Internet
    United States of America

T-Mobile Billing , Internet

Beware of T-Mobile and their billing practices.  I have 4 TM lines with a friends and family plan.  So the idea is that the phone has 5 numbers that I can call without using minutes.  I usually paid in the neighborhood of $150 for the plan.  Then in July I get a $400+ bill and I call customer service to see why.  They cant fully explain my bill to me and get within about $60 but its still way to high.  They tell me to go to a retail store.  So I go there and the woman there cant fully explain it to me either.  She gets within about $30 but cannot explain the bill other than to say the minutes are there.  Where are my free minutes?  She cant explain.  She looks at my account and tells me that Ive been a customer for a long time (6 years) and that Ive never had any courtesy credits.  She says Im the perfect candidate for these credits but I have to call customer service to get them.  So, I call back to customer service and Im basically treated like a war criminal.  The woman there, Victoria, tells me Id better pay and she doesnt care why the bill is so high, I must have made the calls and tells me I will be shut off soon.

The thing that I never even thought to bring up is that Ive moved.  I had been living apart from my family for a couple of months with a new job and had been calling back to home using my 5 friends numbers.   I have to get to speaking to one of my clients, who works for Verizon, and HE IS THE ONE who tells me that T-Mobile has no towers here, so they are paying roaming to some other company and my 5 friends numbers, at that point, would cost minutes on my plan!

So why is it, T-Mobile, that you run NATIONAL ads touting your friends and family plans when they are not valid everywhere? And why is it your phone bills are so complicated that even YOUR OWN EMPLOYEES cannot understand them?  And finally, why do you have such crappy customer service?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2010 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/t-mobile/internet/t-mobile-billing-internet-640511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content