Complaint Review:

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

My son has a sidekick and his backlight went out. I called the customer service line and informed them of what was going on with his phone. They guided me through several steps to check for water damage and none was found.

I was then instructed to send phone in to company and a new one would be issued seeing how the phone was under warranty. Of course shipping was at my expense but I sent the phone in only to have it returned to say that a new phone could not be issued because of water damage!!

I was livid for the location of the supposedly water damage was not in the area the representative instructed me to check and in the area of the so called water damage happened it would have been impossible for the entire phone not to have or show signs of damage. I went to the area T-Mobile store to speak with a manager there and was given the run around.

I was then connected to a representative via phone at the store and again recieved the run around. I was asked if I wanted to be transferred to a supervisor and when I said yes, the line went dead.

I could not believe what had just transpired. I was given so many different reason's why the phone wasnt working, from my son probaly dropped the phone in the tub or sweat leaked through his jeans, through his cell phone case and damaged his phone and then hung up on?????? Something needs and should be done against this type of injustice against consumers. I'm sure I'm not the first nor will I be the last this happens to.

Lmack
Trenton, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2008 06:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/t-mobile/internet/t-mobile-i-was-hoodwinked-trenton-new-jersey-348132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile