Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• T-Mobile

Internet
    United States of America

T-Mobile T-Mobile Extortion Internet, Internet

I got the 39.99 1000/1000 T-mobile plan back in 2007 and kept the service, and the plan (until they "grandfathered" it) AND the same PHONE since then. I was on month-to-month (not the 2-year contract) for at least 4 years. I had always wanted to change to one of the unlimited no-contract offerings by other carriers, but kept putting it off. I finally decided on a no-contract T-mobile - still using the same phone from 2007. T-mobile made several free offers to lure me back, etc. But after experiencing the extremely poor no-contract version of T-mobile, at one point I told them, in a recorded phone call: "If I had any other phone to call from, T-mobile would never hear from me as long as I live."

Eight days later, I got a letter saying I owe them over $200! Now, each and every day I receive phantom phone calls from T-mobile: they just hang up when I say "hello".  This, after being on month-to-month for at least 4 years![Perfect payment record.] My conclusion is (1) The phone companies want to FORCE each of us to subscribe to their expensive $100 a month androidy plans, with the expensive phones, whether we need or want this level of service or not.  And (2) T-mobile apparently feels they are holding all the cards in extorting you, because if you don't "pay them off" they can and will mess up your pristine credit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2012 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/t-mobile/internet/t-mobile-t-mobile-extortion-internet-internet-827342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content