Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• T-Mobile
    t-mobile.com
    Nationwide

T-Mobile FREE MEANS PAY ripoff Nationwide

My daughter and I had numerous problems with our Motorola handsets and because of the numerous amounts of returns on our handsets, we both qualified for a FREE upgrade, which was offered by T-Mobile verbally on the phone. So, during the conversation, I am ecstatic. Finally, T-Mobile is going to do the right thing...oh, but I should have known better.

Their words were, "We apologize for the inconveniences you have been experiencing and we will gladly upgrade your handsets at no charge to you. We will credit your account the amount of purchase and it will be no cost to you." So we continued and chose suitable handsets and I was a happy camper. I was going to have handsets that work and not be charged. Yippee

Sure enough, they credited my account the very same day for the upgrades, one for 120.74 and the other for 41.99. But I still had a bill for that month. Now my plan is only 129.99, so shouldn't I have gotten a zero bill with just a few dollars to spare, oh no, I had a regular bill in August and September also.

So here comes October and November's bills and I see charges of $120.74 and a charge for 41.99 (the same exact amount of the credits). So, I call customer service and their first explanation (they came up with about three explanations by the way) was, " Well, unfortunately the credits came before the charges and now you have to pay them." Another explanation is that those charges are for overages dating back to February. Now, anyone with T-mobile knows that if you have "past due" money, you will be disconnected with the quickness. And how is it that my overages are magically the same exact amount of the charges for the phones? How dumb do they think I am?

So, for a FREE upgrade OFFERED by T-Mobile I paid one month at $296.77 and the next month $305.05. Sounds FREE to you? My plan is only $129.99 and I have not gone over my minutes. I have been through I believe every rep they have and the more I talk to them, the more explanations I get.

BOTTOM LINE. What they fail to understand is that a long time customer was offered a FREE service and had to come out of her pocket $601.82 over two months and she never went over her minutes. It was indeed a hardship on my family household because my teenage daughter can not be without communication with me and I could not afford to lose the phone and you know to cancel it, I would have to pay $200 a handset.

If you are ever offered anything FREE from T-Mobile make sure you tell them to put the credit and the charge on the same bill so that they cancel each other out. If not, you will be where I am, BROKE.

Angelia
Austell, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2005 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/t-mobile/nationwide/t-mobile-free-means-pay-ripoff-nationwide-168645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content