Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• T-Mobile
    t-mobile.com
    Nationwide

T-Mobile Ripoff Poor customer service Nationwide

I signed up with T-Mobile several months ago. When I recieved my phone it didn't work. In order to get a working phone I was told I had to mail the phone back to them because I had gotten from them over the internet. Who paid this cost I did. Not the company that sent a faulty product.

Then in August I was out of town and didn't get my bill paid withen a few days my service was shut off. I am a smart access customer witch states my spending limit is $150.00 and that if I go over this I risk interuption of service until I make a payment to bring it down to below $100.00 my bill is around $47.00 a month so I was not over even $100. Even though they automatically added the next months bill.

I get paid monthly and had some emergency expenditures come up this month so I pay just under half of my bill for the month. T-moblie has added next months bill again which still puts me under $100. I got a call today asking how I would like to make a payment so I can avoid interuption of service. So I start explaining that will pay everything on the 24th of this month well before my next month is due we got disconnected.

So I call back and talk to a rep explained everything. I was told they couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't lose service so I ask to talk to their supervise. I am told the same thing.

When I explain this is bad customer service that any other company is willing to work with people. I was told that wasn't true if you have a past due amount. I said that is wrong. Then I asked if she pays every single bill on time every time. She got very upset and said that that had nothing to do with this conversation.

So I asked how I could get out of my contract with them to go somewhere with better customer service. I would have to pay $200.00 to do so. I know I am locked into a contract but that really is exhortion. That is not free market because it forces the consumer to abide the time they can seek better service.

Daniel
Springfield, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2005 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/t-mobile/nationwide/t-mobile-ripoff-poor-customer-service-nationwide-160235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content