Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• Reported By: Karen S — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States
  • T-Mobile

Nationwide
    USA

T-Mobile T MOBILE HAS CONTINUED DESPITE MULTIPLE REPORTS TO ALLOW FRAUDULENT CHARGES BATON ROUGE LOUISIANA

I have spent countless hours (that should be compensated per my hourly rate,) and I have also spent countless dollars on the results of T mobiles failure to safeguard my account. Despite reported fraudulent charges in February 2017, and a request to a) deny any new purchses made on my accouont and b) remove all of my attached financial information from their data bank, I have been repeatedly charged for iPhones, speakers, and data usage. On a monthly basis, someone receives a new iPhone 7  for which I,despite closing my account, must respond to T mobile and the fairly incompetent customer service department. This takes hours. Additionally, their refusal to unlock my paid in full iphone and ipad necessitated a new purchase in April when I signed a contract with a new provider.

T mobile refused to close my account until their fraud department had investigated or until I paid the fraudulent charges for phones charged to me for which they could not even tell me whether or not the phones were ordered online, in person, and if identification was required.

Unbelievably, despite promises by 3 separate customer service representatives to "call (me) back tomorrow" or to immediately delete these false charges and cancel my account, I had to file an FCC complaint to finally get this company to respond. The answer to the FCC complaint did not address the cost of the new iphone, my time, nor the very tangible phone bill I incurred on a 56 minute phone call to T mobile from Kenya because "we aren't able to call you." A phone company.

I wrote in response to T mobile's representative's emailed response to my FCC complaint. They are a public utility that is regulated to avoid this abuse of the position the grant of their airwave implies. I received no response and was not inclined to actually pursue it futher, because I am busy.

But, I just opened today's mail. It was a letter that said "my" password had been changed on an account with a phone number that ended in 4 numbers I have never see before. I have had it and I've filed another FCC complaint. I cc'ed T Mobile

TL;DR: T MOBILE WILL NOT PROTECT YOUR FINANCIAL DATA AND WILL NOT RESPOND APPROPRIATELY TO FRAUD. THEY ALSO HAVE TERRIBLE SERVICE AND RECEPTION. YOU ARE AT RISK IF YOU HAVE A T MOBILE ACCT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2017 06:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/t-mobile/nationwide/t-mobile-t-mobile-has-continued-despite-multiple-reports-to-allow-fraudulent-charges-bato-1386541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content