Complaint Review: tan republic

• tan republic

, Oregon
    USA

Tan Republic BEWARE, CROOKS, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVUCE HILLSBORO Oregon

BEWARE, CROOKS, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I went to the Tan Republic in Hillsboro on Saturday, May 14, at 11 am to get a spray tan for my trip to Mexico, my flight left on Sunday, May 15th at 6:00 am. Their employee, Keenan set up the booth and told me how much better this booth was etc. I went into the booth, got sprayed, paid $ 30.00 in cash and left. At 5:40 PM on May 14th, I still had absolutely no color. I emailed the Tan Republic to ask how long it takes for their tan to develop. I've had 20 plus spray tans in my life and the spray tans developed in about 4-5 hours. Keenan wrote me back and said," it appears as though we must have had a booth malfunction," and he would put a spray tan on my account. I emailed back and explained that I was leaving for my trip before any of the Tan Republics opened and since I only have a spray tan once or twice a year I would just like my money back.

After I got back I emailed Tan Republic to find out about my refund. Tan Republic employee, Keenan said he spoke with THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEIR POSITION IS "THEY DON'T GIVE REFUNDS BECAUSE "SPRAY BOOTHS ARE IMPERFECT IN THEMSELVES LIKE ANY OTHER MACHINE OPERATED PIECE OF EQUIPMENT, WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE THE RESULTS." That is a direct quote and I have the emails to prove it.

I emailed the corporate office and they didn't bother to email me back. I complained to the BBB and the corporate office repeated their position.

If you go there for a service and the machine malfunctions or anything else happens, such as the spray is defective or if the employee does something wrong they will not refund your money. They did offer me another spray tan but why would I go back to a company that's corporate policy is to be irresponsible and indifferent.

This is the most unethical company and the worse customer service that I have in experienced in quite sometime. The majority of companies would have, stood behind their product/service and returned the money and retained a customer. I would highly recommend going to another tanning salon that has integrity but if you have to go to a Tan Republic pay with a credit card so you can dispute the charges, if necessary.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2016 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tan-republic/oregon/tan-republic-beware-crooks-horrible-customer-servuce-hillsboro-oregon-1309368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content