Complaint Review: Target National Bank

• Reported By: Unity Wisconsin
  • Target National Bank
    PO Box 1581
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

Target National Bank C/o Target Credit Services Hiked interest rate without notification based on alleged late fee in 10/2008. Minneapolis Minnesota

I received my Visa bill on Saturday, 2/14/2009. I noticed they raised the interest rate to 27.99%. I called them to ask to lower it, they told me because I allegedly had a late fee in 10/2008, they raised the interest rate. I told them I always pay in the Target store on the due date. If they have a cut-off time other than before the store closes then they need to put that in print on the statements.

I also asked about about all of the other many months and years I HAVE paid on time as well - including October and they just repeatedly said I have to pay on time for consecutive 12 months from now in order to get it lowered. I think this should be illegal and something done about it. If nothing is done, I will discontinue shopping at Target, definitely am paying off the balance and cutting up the card as well as closing the account. I do not want anything to do with a company that operates in this manner.

Sandy
Unity, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2009 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/target-national-bank/minneapolis-minnesota-55440-1581/target-national-bank-co-target-credit-services-hiked-interest-rate-without-notification-b-424418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content