Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Wed, July 22, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 13, 2009

• Reported By:Stanley New York
Target National Bank/First Source Advantage
P.O. Box 59317 Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Target National Bank/First Source Advantage Changing documents/fraud Minneapolis Minnesota

*General Comment: Registered user

* : Not sure

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

My mother became very ill last in the summer of 2008. I did alot of errands for her while she was in the hospital and later admitted into a nursing home. She had made me an "authorized user" of her Target account. Not a "Joint Card Holder".

My mother passed away in September of 2008. Since that point in time, Target has taken it upon themselves to take her name of the account and put my name in its place. Ultimately making me responsible for this bill. I do have a copy of the request to add me as a "authorized card holder". The copy that I received from Target appears to be meshed together with another document indicating that I signed to become a "Joint Card Holder". This is not the case.

The attorney who is handling my mother's estate has sent them a letter requesting copies of all statements that they feel where I used this card, to prove who is responsible for what. They never complied with his request.

I now receive numerous calls throughout the day and evening. Most times I let the call go to answering machine, but now they have taken to calling and the number appears as "unknown number-"unknown caller.

As far as I know once somone passes away, their next of kin is not in anyway responsible for their debts. Not only this, it is pretty evident that there has been two documents put together to make it look like I signed to be a "Joint Cardholder." This also known as fraud.

If you have any suggestions for me, please let me know.

It is bad enough that I have had to deal with the grief of my mother's death, and then to have these bastards harrassing me on a daily basis is way too much.

Thanks,

Marlene
Stanley, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/target-national-bankfirst-source-advantage/minneapolis-minnesota-55459-0317/target-national-bankfirst-source-advantage-changing-documentsfraud-minneapolis-minnesota-472117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target National Bank/First Source Advantage

#1 General Comment

Registered user

AUTHOR: RepAnth - (USA)

I'm an attorney and you are 100% not liable for the target card. Done. Not even a question. Any state.

#2

Not sure

AUTHOR: Becky - (U.S.A.)

I'm not sure on the authorized card holder/joint card holder part, but if you are on the account as a joint card holder, then yes, you are responsible for the entire debt, even if you mom charged all of it.  I have a Target Visa, but have never had to add another user, so I don't know how that all works.

And if you are just an authorized card holder, then your mom's estate is responsible for paying the debt.  Therefore if you alone inherited everything, you are required to pay the entire debt because it should have come out of her estate before the inheritance was distributed, from what I understand at least.