Complaint Review: Target

• Category: Banks

Target Credit card scan-scam fraud cashiers check bank Springfield Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: Hardly an issue with Target

*UPDATE Employee: Help me understand

I had a couple of fraudulent credit card charges that were cought quickly. It was obviously the last store I visited that "stold" the information because I do not use the card often. The cade itself was not stolden. One of these charges was to a UPS Store. Not unusual.

Two weeks later I receive a cashiers check delivered UPS Express with a cashiers check from SunBank for $4,850.00 made out to "Renee" frim "Crag". There was no Rene at the address given so the envelope was "returned to the sender" which was listed as ME!

My card was used in VA when the fraud charges started. The USP Express was initiated in WA. Renee's address was WI.

I know this is a scam but I consider Target responsible. Next time they want to see my card for the '"secret" number on the back I'm going to tell them to call a manager... I wonder if that will help?

I'm going to deliver the check and all packaging to Sun Trust Bank.
......

.....kevin
Springfield, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2008 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/target/springfield-virginia-22150/target-credit-card-scan-scam-fraud-cashiers-check-bank-springfield-virginia-396041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Hardly an issue with Target

AUTHOR: I Am The Law - (U.S.A.)

So, someone just happened to scam your Target card number and you want to blame Target? How is that their fault? "Target" is the card vendor, not the criminal. If someone stole your Ford truck, for example, (or "stold", as you said) and used it to commit a crime, would you try to sue Ford? Go after the criminal, my man.

Help me understand

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Kevin - how is Target responsible for this? And waht does it have to do with a credit card? As for the "secret" number on the back of the card, that could be teh CVV (card verification code) which is entered when the card number has to be keyed instaed of reading the magnetci stripe. This porves that the card is present and that # is not stored after the authorization is completed.