Complaint Review: Tax-Man

• Tax-Man
    708 S. Business 35 Suite-B
    New Braunfels, Texas
    United States of America

Tax-Man Thomas Edwards Beware of having your income taxes prepared by Tax Man-Thomas Edwards. Expect a shock when you get the bill New Braunfels, Texas

Thomas Edwards has prepared my income taxes since the 2004 tax year.  With that, I trusted him to prepare my 2008 tax return on October 13, 2009.  I expected him to report any income that was taxable and advise me when income was not taxable.  I also expected a fair charge for his service.

Thomas reported $9 of income paid to an IRA by a Bermuda partnership as  foreign income and then charged me $75 to prepare the simple form .  Later I reviewed the tax return and discovered that the $9 of income was not reportable on  your tax return if paid to an IRA.

In addition, I was charged $98 for the basic tax preparation,  $30 to make 2 entries on form Sch C -EZ and $60 to prepare a Sch  D form.   All total this is 3 times more than any previous year.  In my opinion , this was excessive based on what he charged me to prepare the prior years tax returns.

I wrote Thomas a letter on October 16, 2009 requesting that he return the  $75 he charged me to prepare the Foreign Tax Credit form that was not required.  I included a copy of information stating that the income was not reportable on your tax return if paid to an IRA.  Thomas has not responded to my letter or returned the money. r

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2009 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tax-man/new-braunfels-texas-78130/tax-man-thomas-edwards-beware-of-having-your-income-taxes-prepared-by-tax-man-thomas-edwar-525389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content