Complaint Review:

• Reported By: Misty Hobbs — Cincinnati Ohio USA
Tax Net Financial
Internet USA

Tax Net Financial SCAM ALERT! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! Internet

In December 2016, I found taxnetfinancial.com. Money was tight and I am a single mother. I had a healthy tax return coming so I figured I would apply for a refund anticipation loan to fund my children's Christmas. BAD IDEA!! I applied online with Tax Net Financial and get this.....I was denied, the reason being.....my anticipated refund amount was TOO SMALL. ironic since I was getting back several thousand dollars. I was not happy, but I continued on with my life thinking that was the end of. Fast forward to late January 2017. I prepared my own tax return as I generally do, and I filed it. A few days later I receieved a notification that my return had been rejected by the IRS because a return had already been filed using my social security number. Panic set in immediately because I had ZERO idea what had happened. After doing some research I learned that Tax Net Financial had gone ahead and prepared my return for me without my signature or authorization. It was not done correctly so it was almost $1,500.00 less than expected and....they took $357.00 for tax preparation fees! Are you kidding me? They kept sending me emails to provide me with a copy of my return, provided I signed the documents. NO WAY! I emailed them back every single time and said I will not sign, I did not authorize this, this is illegal, I want my money back and I want it now. Of course, they didn't comply and now I don't even have a copy of my tax return with which I can file an amendment, thus leaving me now almost $1900.00 short. I was in the process of trying to purchase the home I am now living in with my two sons and because of this, it has been delayed and now may not even happen, which means we may actually end up briefly homeless. THIS IS NOT OKAY! I just want them to make it right and now they won't even respond to me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2017 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tax-net-financial/internet/tax-net-financial-scam-alert-do-not-use-this-company-internet-1365404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tax Net Financial