Complaint Review:

• Updated: Thu, May 17, 2012

• Reported By: Angela — Brooklyn New York United States of America
TCI-TECHNICAL CAREER INSTITUTES
320 W. 31st Street, Manhattan, New York United States of America

TCI-TECHNICAL CAREER INSTITUTES TCI- TCI COLLEGE, RIPPING OFF STUDENTS THROUGH FINANCIAL AID PROCESS AND NY HESC KNOWS ABOUT IT. tHEY RECEIVED (6) STAFFORD LOANS IN MY NAME AND I ONLY SIGNED ONCE JUST INCASE THE GRANTS MONEY DID NOT FALL THROUGH, THE Manhattan , New York

*Consumer Comment: tci student loan fraud

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Tci college

In Spring 2004 I enrolled in TCI College, 320 31st Street Manhattan NY Computer Networking Course.  TCI, then call Technical Career Institutes did not have their midstates, therefore the Computer Networking Course only cost $8,000.00 in total.  I was told the Computer Networking Course would be paid by all grant money and not a penny of loan money but when I got to financial Aid office at Technical Career Institutes, they asked me to fill out the Stafford Loan Application just in case the grant money does not come through.

The employees that process your financial aid at Technical Career Institutes also said that if the grant money comes through, they would send the checks back.  Well, they kept the checks.  Technical Career Institutes received $10,000.00 in grant monies and $11,000.00 in Stafford Loans.  I wonder how did they do that with me sitting out for a break one semester, but you know something, they even received money the semester that I sat out.   I called NY HESC, to explain Technical Career Institutes receive $21,000.00 in my name with out notifying me they received these checks and I never signed one check but then I guess that you did not have to sign when they had you to sign a document that your financial aid can go directly in to the schools account.

It appears they crossed all their t's and dotted all their i's except for one thing, I think what they are doing is against the law.  They cannot receive almost 3X then what they advertised.,  New York HESC, is a special interest, because all they want is the money, they seen the 2004 Catalog and refuse to acknowledge it and now I want the world to know exactly what is happening because it is not an isolated case.  I spoke to another woman at a different school and she said that TCI has facilities in other areas and they got her too.

So for the Technical Career Institutes, now called TCI-College their financial aid practice ripping their students off like it is everyday business practice and policy and I feel the need to practice my freedom of speech and make the world aware of their practices.  In New York, they already have a bad reputation.  But they have a very low entrance policy.  They teach people who cannot speak a lick of english, they teach them the course in english and give them a degree.  No wonder the economy is shot to hell. There student body was 90 foreign language speaking  and so were their staff.  Has that changed, "I don't know"  Are they still ripping off student, I think so and is NY HESC backing them, "I know so".  What do I have to gain from this, nothing, I am 100% disabled they should be offering me 100% loan forgiveness, they never even mentioned loan forgiveness as that I was just deemed disabled this year.

It should be business and not personal, well the people at NY HESC are people too and for them it is personal because they really think they have the right to apply the laws to whom they pick and chose and if not and if they are diligently seeking a resolution to what they will refer to as an "isolated issue" then why hasn't loan forgiveness been suggested on the platform of negotiations. As for me I am going to continue to call snake a snake and I don't like them trying to rob me and I would like the world whose knows the Technical Career Institutes already smudged character and background to also come forward and maybe we can come together and hire an attorney for a class action suit.  These attrocities has to come to an end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2011 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tci-technical-career-institutes/manhattan-new-york-10007/tci-technical-career-institutes-tci-tci-college-ripping-off-students-through-financial-a-729294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCI-TECHNICAL CAREER INSTITUTES

tci student loan fraud

AUTHOR: madeline - (USA)

Contact me if you would like more information and are a former student. 646-248-3661

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Tci college

AUTHOR: kblk4ever - (USA)

Technical Career Institute is a ripoff.It is an institution designed to launder government funding through the financial aid system via putting students in debt.

The worst part is, by the time a student realizes how they've been exploited, they play into the scheme because they realize that by the time they've complete their second semester they are are up to their knees in debt and do not have the tangible means to file or win a lawsuit , not to mention the fact that the degree is worthless. Which is why they hire so many of their own students. The school is a racket that has the system down to a science.

It is a horrible way to learn how you can be exploited through your miseducation and inexperience in dealing with the education system in New York city and the few honest faculty members in the school have made a grave mistake and will even tell you privately.This is the newest thing in organized crime it would seem. Naturally, it would have me to wonder how the school even got their accreditation but some things are better left in the dark.