Complaint Review: Teleflora

• Reported By: Katherine — San Ramon California USA
  • Teleflora

Nationwide
    USA

Teleflora TELEFLORA - BUYER BEWARE! Horrible Customer Service & Internet Misrepresentation Los Angeles Nationwide

On February 27th, I completed an online order for "Teleflora's Blue Caribbean (Premium) $64.95", "Item: #T05N440C", plus "3 Balloons mylar balloons $14.99" (with a "Priority Processing Fee $15.00" to guarantee next day delivery) for a total of $94.94. I also included Special Instructions to "Please deliver at 11:00 AM to restaurant" (where the Delivery Address clearly stated the name of our favorite restaurant, restaurant address and my cell phone number in case the florist had any questions regarding the delivery).

The online transaction went smoothly, complete with a beautiful representation of the flower arrangement I chose (see picture below). I called our favorite restaurant, to ensure someone would be available at 11:00 am to receive the arrangement and that this was a surprise for my husband's birthday. [continued below]....

.....

On February 28th, we arrived at the restaurant at 11:30 AM for lunch, to find that the floral arrangement had not been delivered (I asked the waitress to check the back to see if it had been placed there instead). No delivery was made. Needless to say, I was very disappointed to find that the arrangement had not arrived as scheduled and that I had paid an extra delivery fee to ensure it was delivered by a specific time. We had lunch and left the restaurant around 12:30, and still no flower delivery.

As we drove away from the restaurant, I called Teleflora Customer Service and waited approximately 20 minutes on hold to speak to someone. As soon as the customer service agent answered, I explained my circumstances, gave her all of the information she needed, complete with my order number, restaurant address, etc. and stated that my arrangement never made it to the restaurant. And that after an hour or so, we had left the restaurant and were heading home.

The agent then placed me on hold, so she could call the flower shop for a status. After another 5 minutes or so, she returned to the phone to say that the florist apologized for the late delivery and that the arrangement was on the delivery truck, and would be delivered to the restaurant.

Once again, I told the agent that we had already left the restaurant and were enroute to our home. i.e., we were no longer at the restaurant and would not be there to receive the floral arrangement. By this time, the surprise was spoiled and I gave her our home address for the delivery. I also asked her which shop they used to fulfill my order and she told me that Teleflora did not give out shop names... and now I know why.

After speaking and spelling our street address *four* times, the agent put me on hold for another 5 minutes or so, to call the flower shop a second time, to give them our home address for delivery.

We arrived at our home, and about an hour later, the flower arrangement was finally delivered. As my husband brought the flowers and balloons in the front door, my heart sank into my stomach. This rather pewney and ugly looking flower arrangement looked *nothing* like the floral arrangement I purchased online (see picture below).

The glass vase was similar enough to the online picture, however, there were not nearly enough, nor tall enough flowers in the vase. This horrible arrangement stood approximately 9 inches tall, 5 inches was vase, with short, sparse and withered flowers standing approximately 4 inches tall. And this was supposed to be their Premium arrangement for $64.85.

As a result of my disappointing and aggrivating encounter with Teleflora, I will never order anything from this institution again... and I will certainly encourage my friends and family to shop else where.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2017 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/teleflora/nationwide/teleflora-teleflora-buyer-beware-horrible-customer-service-internet-misrepresentatio-1359114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content