• Report: #322065

• Submitted: Fri, March 28, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 28, 2008

• Reported By:Margate Florida
AT&T Small Business
www.att.com Margate, Florida U.S.A.

ATT Small Business - Scam - Fraud - Crooks - Don't sign a contract Margate Florida

AT&T Small Business is a horrible division of AT&T. Basically they lure in small businesses with big incentives then switching you to something else later in the shell game and then the big termination of contract charge of over $1000+. Basically a friendly coniving sales rep attempts to get you to sign a 3 year contract for internet dsl/complete choice for 3 years for discouned monthly rates down to $86.xx per month. After six months read the contract carefully that is only an introductory period then your rate sky rockets to $120's. Also they shell game your service and without you noticing every month your bill creeps up and services change.

After a year of service I moved to a new location and I just needed service for DSL. Because of mail forwarding problems I didn't recieve the bill and my phone service was disconnected. I called to get service reastablished and they told me I owe $900... Thats insane.. I was saving maybe $10-20 a month on my bill now they want $900+. They should be ashamed of themselves. I called and spoke with a nice rep and she said they would put the contract back on and I could continue my serivce no problem. A week later I got three nasty rep's in a row including A supervisor Ms. Alison who was a team leader. I'm posting this for two reasons - Please never sign a contract with AT&T they will eventuallly rip you off and you will be sorry. Also if there are any attorney's out there looking for class action suits i'm sure it will happen.

Go month to month never sign.. even cellphone contracts you can break for $200 average cost. This contract costs over $1000-1500 to break depending on when to save about $500 over 3 years... dont' do it!!!

Att_shell_game
Margate, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2008 07:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/telephone-companies-at-t-small-business-att-small-business-scam-fr-322065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Small Business