Complaint Review: Tempo LLC

• Reported By: Evette — EAST ORANGE New Jersey USA
  • Tempo LLC

Internet
    USA

Tempo LLC Why not lease I financed a livingroom set at a furniture store in Maplewood new jersey. It was for six months but when my last payment was due Tempo kept making deductions from my account. California Internet

*Consumer Comment: Doesn't add up

I had a livingroom set financed by Tempo LLC for six months but after the last payment they kept deducting money from my account. When I finally got through to the company I was told that I had to finance an additional six months because a new company took over the contract. Now I'm getting a collection notice from Tempo saying I owe $1,623.58. The living room set was only $1,359.00 at the time of purchase. My payments per month was $125.04 every month and I was suppose to make two extra payments of $125.04 after my last payment and I would be finished. I'm fighting these people. So basically i would be paying them $2,982.58 for a set that was $1, 359.00? Its not happening.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2017 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tempo-llc/internet/tempo-llc-why-not-lease-i-financed-a-livingroom-set-at-a-furniture-store-in-maplewood-new-1393012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Doesn't add up

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - (USA)

In your complaint you state that you were supposed to pay $125.04 for six months plus an additional payment of (2) x $125.04 due at the end of your six month payment period.  If you total those payments it is $1,000.32 and not the purchase price of $1,359.00.

When you lease to own it costs more than if you pay for the item outright. In your statement you say the deal was to pay less which makes no sense at all.  That is not how these type of contracts work at all. When buying something, the most expensive way to purchase it is with a lease to own type purchase because you have not only the purchae price, but the rental payments too. Take a look at the contract you signed. Doesn't it tell you the total payments due?

I don't work for this company or any other type of finance company, but I know how financing works and what a ripoff leasing is for purchasing goods.  There is no company (that would still be in business) that would lease you an item for less than the cost to purchase that same item outright. It doesn't make sense. There is a cost to you for delayed payment. That is what you agreed to when you signed the contract. Take it to an attorney and have him explain it to you.