Report: #1193957

• Teton Gravity Research
    1260 North West St
    Wilson, Wyoming
    USA

Teton Gravity Research TGR Scam, False advertising, misleading, fake, rip off, stealing,

*General Comment: Completely inaccurate write up and false report

Amateur hour.

My friends and I got signed up for a screening at the Arlington Drafthouse in Arlington, Va under the stipulation that they would be giving away free lift tickets with each movie ticket purchased. Nowhere on the Arlington Drafthouse's website was there any fine print about what kind, what dates, or anything other than what was proposed.

I got my girlfriend and three friends to come with me because we would all be doing a ski trip in Feburary and this seemed like a great promotion. When we got there I asked the guys working the event if there were any stipulations or if this ticket were in fact a free lift ticket. They assured me there was no funny business and it was what it said it was.

See event write up here:
http://www.arlingtondrafthouse.com/drafthouse/event. [continued below]....

.....aspx?eid=1974

After the event I tried to put in the code at the bottom of the tickets to recieve my voucher and it wouldn't work. My girlfriend had the same issue. They stopped responding to both of us despite our issue being unresolved.

I hate being taken advantage of and I get even more upset when I'm lied to. These guys did both. I contacted their social media and reached out again more recently only for them to provide me with a working code but a voucher that was only good for Sunday - Thursday. My ski trip is on Friday/Saturday so I can't even use the stupid thing.

When asked about this they took forever to get back with me after snubbing me via phone and twitter. When this Brett guy finally contacted me, I was pointed to the wrong website for my event. Upon showing him the website that shows there is no fine print for this promotion he pointed me to his website. This was false advertising and scammy at best and criminal at its worst. I'm just asking for stupid refund from these clowns; that's it. I don't even want a lift ticket at this point. I asked them to make it right and the response I got was "Again, I'm sorry you're bummed, but there isn't much we can do unfortunately." Which is just a rude way of saying, "not my problem."

I hope you think twice about buying anything or doing anything with a company that so blantantly to tries to screw with people in the name of making an extra buck. I'm certain I'm not the only one who feels that way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2014 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/teton-gravity-research/wilson-wyoming-83014/teton-gravity-research-tgr-scam-false-advertising-misleading-fake-rip-off-stealing-1193957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Completely inaccurate write up and false report

AUTHOR: Clay88 - ()

Not only is this write up a completly inaccurate wrtie up, it is pretty desprate and sad. I attended the premiere in Arlington as well and I paid $12 to go see a ski film, not for a free lift ticket. The free ski voucher was a bonus for going to a fun night out. When I purchased the film ticket I thought it was amazing that I was getting a $100 ski ticket for free just for goingt to something that I was already planning on attending, on TGR's facebook page for the event it says that the lift tickets are vaild Sunday-Thursday, I don't understand how you can be so upset for receiveing a free lift ticket for a $12 movie ticket.

I was never under the impression that the lift ticket had no black out dates, I mean come on it was an add on to a movie ticket. When I went to redeem my ticket I had an issue, I emailed TGR and the problem was resolved right away and my voucher was sent to me. I have nothing but good things to say about this company, and feel this report is written by someone who tried to scam TGR. That you bought a ticket to the premiere of a film that you didn't attend just for the ski ticket voucher, which actually is against the rules and a scam. You are only suppose to recieve the voucher for attending the entire film. Paying $12 for a lift ticket then complaing that it had black out dates is pretty sad, and asking for a refund is pathetic. Why would they issue a refund when the $12 (i keep saying $12 so everyone understands how cheap it was to attend the movie and recieve a free lift ticket) when it was for a film premiere not for a lift ticket. The author of this post is actually the one trying to scam the system and this should be removed. It is a sad attempt to avoid paying for a lift ticket.

I have been to many TGR premieres and had nothing but good expereinces with them, and hope they keep coming out with more films and can offer the same promotions. I really hope people like this guy don't ruin it for the rest of us because he is trying to scam the system.