Complaint Review: Texas Dept. Public Safety

• Phone: 409-8980770
  • Web:
  • Category: Police

Texas Bad Cops False Charges Beaumont Texas

On Jan. 16, 03 there was an accident on Interstate 10 about 7 to 10 miles from my home. Traffic was backed up for miles. When I could see my home I was told all traffic was being deverted, I told the cops I live live right there and was told that don't matter everyone must go toward Houston, I refused and drove arround the road block and to my home. Officer Dwayne Pierre followed me. He was very upset and didn't belive I lived there.

To him to be so stupid as to drive arround a road block I must be drunk and he was mad (He's black and I'm white) he tried to prevoke but I wouldn't go for it and keep my cool. I agreed to field breath test and passed. I was arrested anyway and charged with DWI. I fought this in court in Jefferson County Texas and was told up front by my attorney it's near impossible to beat in Jefferson County because it's all about the money. (He should know being a past DA in this county) In court Officer Pierre said Officer are advised not to release the results of field test. My testimony was hearsay. I was convicted and fined, community service, ect,ect. It's the money. The signs allong Texas highways say DWI you can't afford it are on the mark, $5000 later and I'm still paying. This guy brags about arrest to people in this community, while he tries to get a date with a white women. Sad excuse for a cop.

Ed
fannett, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2004 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/texas-dept-public-safety/beaumont-texas-77708/texas-bad-cops-false-charges-beaumont-texas-93815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content