Complaint Review: The Galleria Events Center

• The Galleria Events Center
    1325 South Eugene Street
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    United States of America

The Galleria Events Center NC A&T Best Center Inadequate building maintenance cause flood destroying personal property Greensboro, North Carolina

June first there was an event at the center for local business owners. The event was designed to have break out sessions in other rooms of the event center for education. During one of the break out sessions there was a terrible rain storm knocking the power out completely. With no emergency lighting in the building the event had to come to an end. Which is another problem in and of itself, because had they had proper emergency lighting we would have seen the water from the roof long before it touched my laptop.

About an hour after the power went out I was informed that my laptop got wet. Apparently the roof was not maintained properly and it rained on my laptop for a full hour. Thankfully a fellow business owner was in the room with my computer and pulled it out of the water and removed all parts that could cause a continued current.

Regardless the computer was destroyed. As a small business owner I live off my computer. I have had only one piece of contact from the event center regarding this situation, and that was 10 days after it happened, stating to file a claim on MY insurance to replace my laptop as they are not responsible for personal property. Am I wrong, are they not required by law to maintain the building for safety, to ensure against acts from god, and to protect those inside from damage or death?

I strongly urge you to avoid this center, they have poor communication and are negligent about the proper property maintenance codes for holding events in their center.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2012 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-galleria-events-center/greensboro-north-carolina-27406/the-galleria-events-center-nc-at-best-center-inadequate-building-maintenance-cause-flood-905677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content