Complaint Review: The Global Connection

• Reported By: Riverside California
  • The Global Connection
    thegconline.com
    Nationwide

The Global Connection, WTA ripoff, fake company, home based buisness, import export Nevada California

I am very glad I saw reports about this company on this site. They have a very good sales pitch and pretty flyers they will send you. But I started to become suspicious after I asked a few very simple questions to Steve Wail. He was the salesman who contacted me to sell me my very own import/export business.

He was very willing to give me names and numbers to call other affiliates so they can sing the praises of the program. One of the numbers I called was him. But he used one of those cheap voice-altering toys you can buy for 5 bucks.

If you are still thinking maybe this is a good thing then ask them for specific products they sell. I never got anything back but very guarded prepared responses. I called 10 different affiliates and asked them all the same questions and received almost exactly the same responses back from each person. Almost like they were reading those answers from a FAQ board.

Whenever I asked a question that called for specifics I never received a responses. For instance, I proposed a question like I am a customer and I want to buy XX item. How much can Global get me this item for? According to the sales pitch they would just have to use their MLS service to find the item or one like it.

None of the affiliates were able to use the MLS, and they all said the same answer in response. I don't use the MLS much I don't really have a need to because I have set accounts with my customers.

Also in the sales material they send you it mentions different types of subscription services. When I asked Steve how many subscription services he subscribed to he said there was only one type of service. Then I specifically mentioned the names of the subscription services from their own material and he said oh well I don't know much about those.

I spent about two weeks reading the materials calling affiliates and doing research to see if I should spend 8 grand on this business. Thank you for posting this information on rip-off report. It confirmed my suspicions of this company being a scam.

A
Riverside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2004 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-global-connection/nationwide/the-global-connection-wta-ripoff-fake-company-home-based-buisness-import-export-nevad-118243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content