Complaint Review:

• Updated: Mon, May 04, 2015

• Reported By: Abelardo — SAN DIEGO California USA
The Grand Mayan
Nationwide USA

The Grand Mayan Vida Vacations; Desarollo Marina Vallarta; Mayan Resots; Vidanta Timeshare SCAM!!

*Consumer Comment: Reply

*Consumer Comment: Timeshare Scam

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

Payed them more than $16,000 for membership at The Grand Mayan. Some time later I called them, paid all the unexpected fees and reserved my 2 weeks. When I arrived to the hotel I realized it WAS NOT The Grand Mayan, it was a resort with brown grasses and smelly rooms.

When I called to complaint about it and asked them why they sent me o this ugly hotel they said it was because The Grand Mayan was still under construction. Back at home I called them again and asked why who would the sell me a membership for a hotel that doesn't exist yet and they said I misunderstood my contract and that what I really bought was a membership to Mayan Resorts so hung up and called back again. This other representative said something completely different; she said she I could use my membership in any of their hotels and resorts, for an extra fee, of course.

In summary, I am not getting what I paid for and every time I call I get a different story from their represntatives.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2015 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-grand-mayan/nationwide/the-grand-mayan-vida-vacations-desarollo-marina-vallarta-mayan-resots-vidanta-timeshar-1226826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grand Mayan

AUTHOR: Mark Miles - (USA)

It is always best to hire someone skilled to do so, unfortunately in most cases these companies dedicated to cancel timeshares usually cheat for the second time to their customers since they are vulnerable and desperate. If you are thinking of hiring them you just have to make sure you do not have to make any payment upfront ... I found these articles that speak precisely about this, you should read them, that might help you to resolve many doubts:

I hope you can solve your problem, good luck!

Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: margaretsims90 - (USA)

I bought a Mayan Palace timeshare in my early 20s and it was one of the worst financial mistakes I ever made. I never intended to buy it, but I cannot suckered into going to a presentation to get free show tickets when I was in Puerto Vallarta. The high-pressure sales person convinced me to sign on the dotted line, and I ended up with a timeshare. It was one of the hardest things to get rid of, and I lost about $20,000 in the process. It was an expensive lesson learned. You can find good information at http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/