Complaint Review: The Grant University

• Reported By: Rockville Maryland
  • The Grant University
    138 East 12300 South, Suite C, #183
    Draper, Utah

The Grant University Fraudulently accessed bank information for TGU and partner EBW Draper Utah

Like many others, I fell for the $1.98 CD. I ordered it using my Paypal account and authorizing the one time charge. I did not give them my credit card or bank account information. To my surprise, without my permission they and EBW both started drawing money from my accounts.

I called EBW and they were very polite and have said they have cancelled my account sending me an email to return with information requesting a refund of the $29.95 they charged me.

I had less success with The Grant University. However, by being persistent, using words such as unauthorized access and fraud, demanding that they provide me with any proof I had ordered this item and provided a credit card for future withdrawals and that I had already hired a fraud investigator (and I offered to give them the name and number) and that I would be suing them for the money stolen from me plus the costs of the investigator and --- they said they closed the account, and would be refunding my money.

I have additionally closed the debit card they were charging and am filing a non-payment to vendor form with my bank so that future charges to my account will not be made.

Time will only tell if I get the refunds. I thought I was being careful, using Paypal and not giving them a credit card number, but they stole that information from Paypal. This is another issue and I will not be using my paypal card anyfurther instead transferring those moneys to my regular bank account.

If using Paypal, be careful they do not protect the capturing of your debit card number from unscrupulous internet vendors such as TGU.

In Maryland
Rockville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2008 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-grant-university/draper-utah-84020-7965/the-grant-university-fraudulently-accessed-bank-information-for-tgu-and-partner-ebw-draper-389959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content