Complaint Review: The Home Depot

• The Home Depot

Nationwide
    USA

The Home Depot property damage Nationwide

The Home Depot delivered the appliance and damaged my newly installed laminate floor (also purchased at The Home Depot).

The Home Depot requested to deal with their subcontractors through their claim center, also the third party, by phone.

I have requested The Home Depot to submit the contact information of their third party claim center and the delivery company other than just a phone number but they won't give me the information.  Also I have requested that the refusal of my claim to be sent to me in writing. They told me that I need to call the caim center and that's the only way to process my claim.

My claim for the property damage is less than normal home insurane deductible, only $200.

I have send the receipt of my flooring from The Home Depot and asked the refund of the portion of it.

They reufsed my claim that the claim center has to have their estimate after the property inspection.

The property inspection still has to cover the material cost and I have exact amount of the material cost from The Home Depot, so I don't understand the necesity of the property inspection. They have photos of the damage I e-mailed them. Also, the delivery guy took the picture of the damage.

The Home Depot is just looking for a way to get away from their liability by making the claim process as difficult as possible so the consumer finally give up.

I won't recommend anyone to order appliance delivery online. Just go to a store and deal with a real people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2015 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-home-depot/nationwide/the-home-depot-property-damage-nationwide-1241222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content