Complaint Review: The Parts Broker

• The Parts Broker
    42 Gailor Rd
    Gansevoort, New York
    USA

The Parts Broker / Saratoga Classics / Thoroughbred Auto Parts Either incompetent or thieves... or maybe both Gansevoort New York

I'm done with Saratoga Classics/The Parts Broker.

These people are at best incompetent and at worst thieves. They cannot deliver on a simple transaction. More detail? OK.

I ordered a part from this business on September 28th, 2012. In the intervening seven months, I have been shipped an incorrect part three times. I have stated explicitly over the phone and through email numerous times exactly the part that was needed; the first two parts were for the wrong side of the vehicle and the third part (which I received in the first week of March 2013) didn't match anything in the parts diagrams I had sent multiple times.

I was charged for the part and a $100.00 fee at the beginning of this fiasco. I have been refunded for the incorrect parts but not the "finders fee" that Saratoga Classics/The Parts Broker charges.

The first incorrect part was refunded without incident by the third party supplier (NOT The Parts Broker).

The supplier of the second incomplete part (again, not The Parts Broker) refused a full refund but I disputed the payment with my bank and received the full amount back. I am therefore out no money for parts.

I have asked a person named John at The Parts Broker for a refund of the $100.00 fee several times and was told this refund was contingent upon return of the latest incorrect part. I asked them to send me a call tag at the beginning of March 2013 so it could be returned. They agreed. Even though we were in contact several times since then, they never sent the promised call tag to return the part.

I can fully document all email exchanges and back up everything I have claimed.

On April 30th, 2013, a full SEVEN MONTHS after the beginning of the transaction, I gave up on them and contacted the Better Business Bureau. A month passed and this shady business did not respond to the BBB.

NEVER, EVER, EVER give these people a penny.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-parts-broker/gansevoort-new-york-12831/the-parts-broker-saratoga-classics-thoroughbred-auto-parts-either-incompetent-or-thie-1054660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content