Complaint Review: The Peyton Company

• The Peyton Company
    4210 Millbranch
    Memphis, Tennessee
    United States of America

The Peyton Company Wanda Gordon took my earnest money and would not return it once the contract was voided Memphis, Tennessee

On March 17th 2013 I gave Wanda Gordon with the Peyton Company, Inc., Realtors  a check for $500.00 for earnest money on a home I wanted to purchase located at 5604 Jamestown in Memphis, Tennessee.

Mrs. Gordon and I could not come to an agreement on the cost of the home and the amount of closing  cost I was to pay, I was only suppose to pay 1% which I did.  I told Mrs. Gordon that I was no longer interested in purchasing the home and would look for another home on April 3, 2013.

Since then Mrs. Gordon has refused to refund my $500.00 earnest money which was due to me once the contract was voided.  She stated that the seller has the money in an escrow account, which I want to know why when I made the check out to the Peyton Company not the seller.  She has become very irate and belligerent and said that there is nothing I can do but wait on the seller to release my money.  None of this make sense to me.  I would like my earnest money returned to me so that I can proceed with finding a home with a more ethical real estate company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-peyton-company/memphis-tennessee-38116/the-peyton-company-wanda-gordon-took-my-earnest-money-and-would-not-return-it-once-the-con-1045537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content