Complaint Review: The Smiling Wilderness Family Restaurant

• The Smiling Wilderness Family Restaurant
    824 Palace Rd. & Hwy. 401
    Napanee, Ontario
    Canada

Went to this restaurant with a friend. He ordered a beer and a hamburger and fries. I just had a glass of water. The waitress said they did'nt have any hamburgers. The waitress came back and brought him the beer. She never brought any fries and asked him what he would like to order. My friend said he was'nt sure yet. The waitress came back 10 minutes later and my friend ordered a chicken dinner. The waitress came back 10 minutes later and said they did'nt have any chicken and tried to coax him to order a stir fry or rice. My friend said it was ok, (meaning he did'nt want anything).

My friend finished his beer and placed a $5.00 bill on the table. While we were leaving the parking lot. The owner of the restaurant and another guy, (the cook or bartender) and a woman who is also an owner. Stormed behind us yelling, arguing and accusing us of stealing. Every second word they were saying was the f word. They wanted my friend to pay for the chicken dinner he never received in the first place. They changed their story and said they had lots of chicken. The one guy (bartender) went to grab my friend and cut the top of his hand open. The other guy (a Dutch guy) kicked at my friend, swearing and threatening him.

The woman owner started to call the police on a cell phone while all this was going on. I told her she would be charged with public mischief. We told the 3 hostile restaurant people that we would wait for the police.

The police never came. We got in my car to leave and the bartender guy runs up to my car window arguing. I told him, my friend called the police on his cell phone and we were told to go talk to the sergeant at the station. The bartender guy started accusing us of littering in the parking lot.

This story sounds completely insane but it is 100% true and really did happen at The Smiling Wilderness Family Restaurant on September 6/ 2006 at 6:60pm. My friend and I are not violent and are not restaurant thieves.

The Smiling Wilderness Family Restaurant is part of Palace Village, which is all owned by Nibourg Developments, Theo Nibourg. They also own Century Ago Antiques & Linens which is also located there.

John
Trenton, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2006 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-smiling-wilderness-family-restaurant/napanee-ontario-k7r-3k9/the-smiling-wilderness-family-restaurant-ripoff-violent-confrontation-and-assault-to-custo-210397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
6Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Restaurant has no clue.

AUTHOR: Paul - (Canada)

This restaurant serves alcohol, but they have no concept or clue what a designated driver is.

AUTHOR: Jason Tillo - (U.S.A.)

Sounds to me like he was the making the scene. Good thing he drank only water. He is a nut as he is sober, I would hate to see how he would react if he had a few drinks. Perhaps one beer was too much for his friend. Also leaving $5 for a beer and stir fry, in restaurants food mostly cost twice that much. I think he is just angry that he got caught. I also notice how fast they left once the police were called. I bet they stayed a whole two minutes to prove they are tough and not scared of the police.

I'm the so-called cook/bartender

AUTHOR: E - (Canada)

It's funny that he wrote "This story sounds completely insane" because it is. The guy is a lunatic and ran as soon as he heard the cops were coming, noone touched either of the guys, and the cops followed up on the whole thing and informed both individuals they are not welcome back.