Complaint Review: The Substitute Teacher's Unlimited

Warren, Michigan
  • Phone: 800-350-0103
  • Web:
  • Category: Employees

The Substitute Teacher's Unlimited - Substitute Unlimited sends out bounced checks Warren Michigan

*Consumer Comment: jeffry gates owner

*UPDATE Employee: Substitute Unlimited

I have been working for the Substitute Teacher's Unlimited, Inc. and never really have had a complaint up until recently.

The horror began with SU cutting checks that would be deposited into my checking account (they do not currently have direct deposit) and 5-6 days later they would bounce!!!

At first, I forgave them thinking it was a simple error. Unfortunately, this problem occurred 3 more times -- each check bouncing after me being mislead that the money was in my account and unfortunately, me paying bills with money I didn't have.

Once I told confronted them about this, they immediately asked to view my bank statements...a little too quickly prompting me to believe that they were used to this problem because it has happened before. I had a strong feeling this was not the first bounced check to happen.

Unfortunately, because I was spending money that I didn't have, massive overdraft fees accrued, which SU promised they would reimburse. The first check that bounced following the additional fees they paid back. The check cleared.

The second checks the placement manager promised to reimburse told me she couldn't find the paperwork that showed how much the company owed me. They are very disorganized.

I am VERY upset and angry that I have dedicated so much of my time to this company who I thought valued my service as an educator in Chicago schools. They conveniently forgot how much I gave the company a good rep--I had several schools begging to hire me full time and repeatedly calling for me to substitute in their schools. You would think with my good work ethic, they would gladly reimburse me for my hard work. Instead, the chose to dilly dally with re-paying me my money (the 3rd reimbursement is in progress and they are officially 3 weeks behind in paying me). More importantly, why are they giving out bounced checks in the first place?!?!? This is a SHADY BUISNESS!! DO NOT SIGN UP TO BE A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER WITH UNLIMITED, INC. They are bad business people.

Cameron
Posen, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-substitute-teachers-unlimited/warren-michigan-48093/the-substitute-teachers-unlimited-substitute-unlimited-sends-out-bounced-checks-warren-425354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

jeffry gates owner

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

The owner is jeffery and cathy gates who live in 43367 St. Tropez Ct in sterling heights. Nice house he must use $$ to pay his mortgage. They also have a co ndo at 5626 Ortman south of hall road off mound.

Substitute Unlimited

AUTHOR: Aceskii - (United States of America)

I have only been employed with them for 3 weeks and has yet to recieve payment fo rmy services, can someone please contact me and I can further share information with you, I am really in need of answers, are there any lawsuits being filed right now? Has anyone spoke with any of the staff yet, I need answers thanks so much.