Complaint Review: The Zaken Company, Tiren Zaken, Nick Lasorsa

• Reported By: St. Louis MO
  • The Zaken Company, Tiren Zaken, Nick Lasorsa
    774 Manor Rd
    Staten Island, New York

I am among one of the many people who have sent $148 to the Zaken company and I was about to begin working with him, when I discovered www.ripoffreport.com and now I am attempting to get a refund.

However, the name "Tiran Zaken" sounded suspicious to me, as I couldn't readily tell what ethnicity he was. I have also heard from www.ripoffreport.com that Nick Lasorsa and Tiran Zaken was the same person.

When I searched the name "Tiran Zaken" on yahoo.com, almost all the results are Dutch websites (Dutch websites have a ".nl" extension). And none of the search results showed the words "tiran" or "zaken" as names. They are Dutch words. So I immediately looked up the English translation of those two words. "Tiran" is the Dutch word for "tyrant" and "Zaken" is the Dutch word for "shyster". What kind of a Dutch parent would name their child "tyrant"? It is certainly possible that Nick Lasorsa invented the name to describe the kind of business he was running. Of all the search results, "Zaken" is always a Dutch word, not a last name. "Tiran" is occasionally an Egyptian first name, but the photograph of "Tiran Zaken" on the "confidential letter" looks anything but an image of an Egyptian.

This is only information that I have gathered on my own and is only a hunch. Go ahead and do a search yourself, and you won't find anyone in the world named "Zaken" except for "Tiran Zaken" of "The Zaken Company".

Susan
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2002 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-zaken-company-tiren-zaken-nick-lasorsa/staten-island-new-york/the-zaken-company-tiren-zaken-nick-lasorsa-lied-and-stole-148-from-me-staten-island-new-24861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content