Complaint Review: TheDVDPlanet.org

• TheDVDPlanet.org
    thedvdplanet.org
    Internet
    Canada

I too, ordered from the dvd planet. org. I received a email telling me my order had been sent over a month ago. It was supposed to arrive today the 27th of December 2007. I went to the tracking number and discovered that is was unable to be delivered from a post office in Texas. I am in California. I tried to go the the website and was re-directed to my gateway search page. I discovered the rip off report there. I went to the rip off report and saw the exact same report of what had happened to me had already happened to somebody else. This is the first time I have been ripped off on the internet. It is the last time I'm going to do any business with any company out of Canada. It would behoove the Canadian Government and companies to do something about this type of thing. If this company should do the right thing by me and either give me a refund or send me what I ordered I'll report that too. I could not find a phone number listed anywhere on their website and they have not answered emails.

Charles a.
Castro Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2007 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/thedvdplanetorg/internet/thedvdplanetorg-it-appears-i-have-been-ripped-off-by-the-dvd-planetorg-internet-294938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

They did the right by me !!

AUTHOR: Charles a. - (U.S.A.)

I received a full refund from Thedvdplanet.org on January 4, 2008

They had no choice

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

They had no choice they were busted by the mounties.

From : fagstein.com

The RCMP announced today that they have made eight arrests in a DVD counterfeiting network based in Montreal that was selling bad copies of DVDs (and in some cases off-TV recordings) of U.S. television series through multiple websites.

The RCMP doesn't name the eight people arrested, nor the websites involved, nor the name of the company they were working under. But all signs point to TVBoxSet.com, which The Gazette wrote about in August after many users complained of either not getting what they ordered or getting bad copies of what they were expecting. The website is currently offline.

(I tried to call the RCMP spokesperson to confirm this, but their office apparently closes before 3:45pm on a day they issue a major news release.)

Garcia Media Group, which was the company behind the operation, distributed the DVDs through the following nearly-identical websites:

tvboxset.com
ultimatedvdshop.com
allmyfavouriteshows.com
tvaddicts.tv
tvdvdplanet.net
tvondisc.com
tvdvdcraze.tv
tvmilk.com
as well as a number of other domains that have since been turned into spam sites.

Many of the sites listed above are still operational and will still gladly accept your credit card information.

Not that anyone should be held responsible for being defrauded, but some simple sleuthing on the part of surfers could have prevented their losing money to these scam sites:

Check a vendor's reputation, if only through a simple Google search, before deciding to do business with them. Don't just assume a professional-looking website will be any more official than some unknown person on eBay.
Find out information about a vendor from their website. Do they have a head office? Do they say who they're owned by? Do they provide links to other organizations that can vouch for them?
Be suspicious of any company that offers region-free DVDs or DVDs that haven't been released yet.
If a company says no problem at shipping (especially copyrighted and release-controlled material like DVDs) to over 100 countries, chances are they're ignoring the law.
80% discounts on popular items just don't happen.

Don't give your credit card number on an unsecured connection!
It should be noted, of course, that this is bootlegging in the traditional sense, profiting off the selling of copied copyrighted material. It is clearly covered under existing copyright law, and it's clearly illegal.

The RCMP says it started an investigation in February (why did it take them that long?). Let's hope they have a solid case that will result in long sentences and heavy fines, and that everyone who has been scammed will be refunded.

They did the right by me !!

AUTHOR: Charles a. - (U.S.A.)

I just checked my card today, January 4, 2008 The dvd planet.org refunded all of my money and apoligized about the service. I have to say they did right by me.