Complaint Review: Think-Outside-the-Book Publishing, LLC

• Think-Outside-the-Book Publishing, LLC
    311 N. RobertsonBlvd,Ste 323
    Beverly Hills, California
    United States of America

Think-Outside-the-Book Publishing, LLC Good Luck Getting Your Money Back! Beverly Hills California

*Consumer Comment: As a repeat customer of Think Outside the Book

Think-Outside-the-Book offers "risk-free" previews of e-books along with a 30-day "100% money back guarantee...no questions asked." But, just try to actually get your money back! I paid $39.95 to preview an e-book, decided it wasn't worth that price and asked for my money back the very same day. My request went ingored. 4 days later, I sent another e-mail requesting my money back, but again no response. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited 2 1/2 weeks thinking they'd eventually get back to me. They never did, and I finally had to send them a 3rd e-mail. 5 days later (one month after my original refund request) I finally received a response saying they would like to issue a refund but they needed my PayPal account address. So, I provided them with that information. 5 days after that, they sent me an e-mail saying my account had been refunded in full. I thought that was the end of it. But, when my credit card statement arrived - NO REFUND! So, I contacted Think-Outside-the-Book again (it was now 10 weeks since my original refund request) but again, I received no response. Finally, 3 MONTHS after my original refund request I sent Think-Outside-the-Book an e-mail threatening to report them to both the CA State Attorney General's Office and the FBI if they didn't issue a full refund immediately. That got their attention, and they finally gave me my money back. I'll never order anything from Think-Outside-the-Book Publishing again. If I hadn't pursued this matter so tenaciously and threatened to report them to some scary government authorities, I'm sure I would never have received the refund as promised. Judging from the way this transaction went down, it seems obvious that Think-Outside-the-Book Publishing had every intention of riping me off. Buyer beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2009 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/think-outside-the-book-publishing-llc/beverly-hills-california-/think-outside-the-book-publishing-llc-good-luck-getting-your-money-back-beverly-hills-c-532932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

As a repeat customer of Think Outside the Book

AUTHOR: Hypnosis Queen - ()

I have had nothing but a good experience with these people. I've ordered several times and had to return a book I didn't need and have had no problem whatsoever. This is 2014 and that letter of complaint was several years ago so maybe they have gotten more organized but I love their products, can call or email and they respond immediately (same day) I would highly recommend them and I don't recommend many. Just thought I'd put my input here in their defense because I think they deserve it. Great products and great customer service.