Report: #1092085

• Thrifty Car Rental Vancouver - Vicky LeClerc
    Vancouver, BC
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Canada

Thrifty Car Rental Vancouver - Vicky LeClerc Fraud, scam, false damage claims, unprofessional Mississauga Ontario Canada

I rented a car on September 11 for two days in Vancouver, BC. I bought insurance on the car so that if there was any damage to the vehicle it would be covered. The two day rental was meant to cost 152 dollars. Upon bringing back the car the man said there was a chip on the windshield which was not visible from the inside of the car. This means that it could've been there from when I picked up the vehicle in addition I paid for insurance so I am pretty sure the 100 dollars I paid in insurance would cover a 10 dollar chip repair in a windshield. Two weeks later I received a call from a very rude lady named Vicky LeClerc.

She refused to answer any questions and just kept repeating that I was ignoring her calls and ignoring her was not going to make this go away. Well, clearly I was not ignoring her as I called her right away. Upon looking at my visa statement they charged me an additional day because it was 223 on my visa statement. Don't know how a basic car rental costs 223 for 2 days of driving. Then she claims that I owe 300 for a new windshield. I saw that there was another person stating that this is what they do, I guess that they just screw over unsuspecting customers when they need to increase sales. She keeps sending me emails with no new information and refuses to answer her calls or respond. This is completely unprofessional. Help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2013 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/thrifty-car-rental-vancouver-vicky-leclerc/mississauga-ontario-l5s1r6/thrifty-car-rental-vancouver-vicky-leclerc-fraud-scam-false-damage-claims-unprofessi-1092085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content