Complaint Review: Tigerdirect

• Reported By: DexterAtor — Leslie Arkansas
  • Tigerdirect

Internet
    United States of America

Tigerdirect Syx, Systemax Tigerdirect, Syx, Systemax renegs on warranty, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Tiger Customer

I purchased a SYX Systemax PC from Tigerdirect last August.

Order # P4118288
I took the default warranty: "1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty"

But then they tell me by email that there is absolutely no warranty other than that of the individual manufacturers of individual components. Oh, well, so I spent a lot of time and some money to determine that it was the Asus motherboard that is bad. Go to Asus' site.  Asus will not accept an email unless it has the serial number.

The serial # is only found on the item box! Which I never rec'd, and Tigerdirect did not record. So now I have to buy a NEW MB, despite the fact that it is covered by both Togerdirect's and Asus' warranties.

"We appreciate your interest and support for the company. Unfortunately, we do not keep records of the serial number of all the items we sell. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tigerdirect/internet/tigerdirect-syx-systemax-tigerdirect-syx-systemax-renegs-on-warranty-internet-1043495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Dear Tiger Customer

AUTHOR: Tiger direct pat - ()

I reviewed your account and noticed that after you called our support line today, we arranged for a replacement board to be sent to you.  I apologize to you for the disconnect in the email communication.  Im glad that we were able to resolve the issue for you to your satisfaction.  If you run into any future hiccups please do not hesitate to contact me.

Respectfully,