Complaint Review: Tigerdirect

• Tigerdirect
    7795 W Flagler St. Suite 35
    Miami, Florida
    United States of America

Tigerdirect Tiger Direct "They sell REFURB stuff and claim it is NEW!" Miami, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: More information required

I purchased two NEW flat screen TV's from Tigerdirect. I didn't open them and install them immediately when they were received because I was in the middle of a huge remodel, and these TV's were among the last items to be installed.

Both TV's worked initially, but one of them started to act up after a few months of the install. These units were installed in a guest house, so they weren't used very much. When the one unit finally failed to even turn on, I contacted Tigerdirect (TD) and they told me that since I was a few weeks past my return period, I would have to take it to a repair facility myself.

I did just that, to get an estimate on repairing it and I was then told by the repairman that the TV I had purchased as new, was indeed used, and had been repaired already. He went on to show me where the factory tape was broken and had been replaced with regular packing tape. He also showed me that not only was the TV repaired, but that sub quality parts were used in the repair.

I immediately contacted American Express. They told me that they couldn't promise anything in the dispute process because of the fact that the TV's were past the normal time frame for a dispute, but based on how long I had been a cardmember, they were going to do their best to get my problem resolved.

I have since purchased two other TV's from Best Buy, and have confirmed immediately that they were brand new and in factory condition. They are both working beautifully.

In checking online, I have found that this seems to be a normal sales procedure with TD. I even read that DELL computers is in a lawsuit with TD right now over a large quantity of USED computers that were sold by TD as brand new.

I hope something can be done about this so nobody else has to go through the mess that I am involved in right now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2011 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tigerdirect/miami-florida-33144/tigerdirect-tiger-direct-they-sell-refurb-stuff-and-claim-it-is-new-miami-florida-686459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

More information required

AUTHOR: Ernie E. - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

We're terribly sorry for any inconvenience you may have faced, please provide us with more information such as your order number so we may further investigate into this matter.

You may email me directly at ernie@help.tigerdirect.com.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Ernie E.