Complaint Review: TigerDirect.com or tiger Direct

175 Ambassador Dirve
    Internet
    United States of America

TigerDirect.com or tiger Direct Fraudulent Sales Practices Naperville, Internet

I called Tiger Direct to order RAM chips.  The salesman pursuassively convinced me to also order a product called "Optimize -- Speed up your PC".  The software seems to work ok.

The problem is that the salesman OMITTED MATERIAL facts, the omission of which makes the entire transaction fraudulent.

The blatant omission is that the Software EXPIRES worthless in ONE YEAR unless the purchaser agrees to pay an annual license fee.

Supervisor Danny Rodriquez on Feb 7, 2010 was told the precise details as stated above and his response was:

a) oh, only 388 Ripoff Reports have been filed?  That's nothing; we make more sales than that in one hour.

b) I, the cunsomer should have known that "optimize software" ALWAYS has a limited life and would expire

c) Tiger Direct would do NOTHING to address my grievance.

d) He questioned my ability to recall the conversation when I made the purchase; to which I responded that I am a Phi Beta Kappa and author of 3 published books and have no problem with remembering what I was told, and what I was not told.

A copy of this complaint is also being filed with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2010 08:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tigerdirectcom-or-tiger-direct/internet/tigerdirectcom-or-tiger-direct-fraudulent-sales-practices-naperville-internet-566464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content