Complaint Review: Timberlodge Resort

• Timberlodge Resort
    5260 Highway 150
    5260 Highway 150 New Waverly, Texas
    United States of America

Timberlodge Resort Jim Jerde Wont let me Cancel so I paid my $99 yearly dues and they still sent me to collections 5260 Highway 150 New Waverly, Texas

*Author of original report: Timberlodge Rv

My wife and are have been  "members of timberlodge resort since 2009.  When we purchased this membership for 449 or 499 can't remember.  We were told by Jim Jerde( who I found out is the the owner of this campground) we could cancel at anytime.  When I tried to cancel last year they (jim) said I would have to pay $599 to sell it, then I ould be free and clear.  I said that is nuts, you dont pay real estate agent first before he sells your home.  He said I would be sent to collections.  Not wanting to hurt my credit I paid my dues then I paid them again this year as well.  My dues are set at $99/year as long as I am a member.  My check was cashed on Novemeber @6, 2012 for the $99 dollars.  On December 14 I received a call from a person maned Dallas at Monterey Collections in Oceanside, CA.  He said that my dues have not been paid and that I owe 229.11.  He said that they recieved notice on December 4th 2012 that I did not pay my dues.  That is 8 days after they cashed my check.  I told that my dues were paid, he said oh well I will keep  calling you until this is settled.  I said call timberlodge and confirm this, he said I am not calling anyone.

As one can see this is standard practice of Jimmy Jerde and the Timberlodge resort, not only did I pay because I couldnt cancel but I am still sent to collections.  I am all for a class action lawsuit to stop this criminal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2012 10:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/timberlodge-resort/5260-highway-150-new-waverly-texas-77358/timberlodge-resort-jim-jerde-wont-let-me-cancel-so-i-paid-my-99-yearly-dues-and-they-stil-983082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Timberlodge Rv

AUTHOR: Michael D - (United States of America)

After sending my initial report.  Received email from Timberlodge stating that my dues are paid in full, and they have sent notice to Monterey Collections.