Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

• Reported By: OC Recycled Furniture — Costa Mesa California USA
  • Time Warner Cable

Nationwide
    USA

Time Warner Cable TWC, Time Warner Cable Business Class Extremely dishonest company with shady business practices Nationwide

We signed up with Time Warner Cable when we opened our first retail location.  We signed an 18 month lease with the building because there was a good chance that they would be tearing down and rebuilding after that.   We signed a 36 month contract with Time Warner Cable and informed very clearly that when we moved locations we could transfer service and IF they were unable to provide service to the new location there would be NO early termination fees.

18 months later we find a new location and attempt to transfer service.  We are informed that it would cost something like $50,000 of build out (Something WE would have to pay) in order to provide service to this location.  Naturally we go to cancel the service since they are unable to provide service to our new location we expected no cancellation fee.  BOY WERE WE WRONG!!

I was told I needed to talk to my service rep that sold me the service.  Okay, after two months of emails and voicemails with no response from him I decided to call and get his boss' contact information.  Wouldn't you know, it was the same thing with his supervisor, no response to my calls or emails.   I also attempted to request a copy of my contract, of which they informed me I would need to contact my company rep to get that information.  WHAT?!  The same company rep that I can't get ahold of.   (6 months later, I still have no copy of my contract in hand).

After numerous calls to the customer service department, This is how they "Justified" their Dishonest practices: We are responsible for the cancellation fee because technically there were able to provide service to our location so we are still responsible for the termination fee.  It is not their fauld that we were not willing to spend $50,000 to get their internet to our building.   I am blown away by this deceitful business practice.   I would have gladly spent the extra $5 or $10 per month to not have a 36 month contract if I had known this is how it would have been handled.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND signing a contract with this company (no matter what they promise) because they will find some loophole to make sure you get royally screwed and they get all their money and then some.  I wouldn't recommend doing business with this company at all, because if this is they way they treat their customers then they should not be supported.

I wonder if we would have moved to the moon what they would have said....  "Well sir, we can provide service to your location but it would cost you 10 trillion dollars so if you are not willing to pay that to get service then you will have to pay the early termination fee according to your contract"

Miles Swaim

OC Recycled Furniture

[email protected] //

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2016 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/time-warner-cable/nationwide/time-warner-cable-twc-time-warner-cable-business-class-extremely-dishonest-company-with-1290002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content