Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

1500 Auto Center Drive
    Ontario, California
    United States of America

Time Warner Cable Reward Card Rip-off Ontario, California

Began Time Warner services October 3, 2012. Bundled TV, Internet and Phone Services for a base price of $89 per month. This "Bundle Package" included a $150 Target Gift Card to be received by me after 3 months of service.  This was assured to me by the Sales Representative of Time Warner who set up my services.

Because I am still not in receipt of the rewards card I contacted Customer Service and was told that I had to "apply" for the reward within 30 days of my service start date. THAT WAS THE 1ST I WAS TOLD OF THAT!

So I called them back to question again about it. This time I was told that I had to have been current with my previous cable company!  I was for the 2 years that I had them (Charter) until I stopped their TV and Phone services on September 29, 2012 (I kept the Internet active thru October 31, 2012 so that I could forward all of my email information from Charter to Time Warner (Roadrunner.com) after I got it set up in October 2012.)

Charter kept billing me for ALL 3 SERVICES for October 2012 instead of only the Internet and refused to send me a corrected bill for Internet Only for October 2012. I told them I was not paying the $144 they were billing me and that they would get paid for the "Internet Services Only" for October 2012 when they sent me a corrected bill.  They Refused and Never Did so They Did Not Get Paid!

WHY should my argument with Charter interfere with the $150 Target Gift Card Reward that was part of theTime Warner Bundle I purchased?  That gift card was one of the Main Reasons that I "Bundled" with Time Warner Cable Services!

WHAT A RIPOFF! Why hasn't any Class Action Suit been filed against them yet? I would gladly join in!

Stephanie

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2013 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/time-warner-cable/ontario-california-91761-2243/time-warner-cable-reward-card-rip-off-ontario-california-1035058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content