Complaint Review: Tires Plus Forest Lake, Minnesota

• Tires Plus Forest Lake, Minnesota
    979 W. Broadway Ave
    Forest Lake, Minnesota
    USA

Tires Plus Forest Lake, Minnesota Incompetent and deceptive practices Forest Lake Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: Tires Plus Corporate Office

*General Comment: Anything German is Not standard

Very angry with the brake service done on my daughters 2004 VW Jetta. Brought in a coupon expressing $99.00 (per axle) standard brake job to include turning rotors if needed. Brake job initially ended up costing $256.62 (front only) as the rotors needed replacing according to them. Rotors cost an additional $139.98.

Aside from the fact that I was upcharged over $50 for the rotors over what the part store next door charges for the same rotors (and I believe supplies this store), they didn't bleed the brake system as part of the brake service!

After driving the car and noticing the "pedal fade", I brought it back to Tires Plus and asked them if they blead the brake system or pherhaps that didn't bleed it sufficiently. I was told this was not part of the service and was charged an addition $69.08 for this to be done! I have had many brake jobs done over the years including doing many myself and I have never heard of servicing brakes without bleeding the system when completed!

Bottom line, I recieved a advertised $99.00 (per axle) brake service for a sum total of $325.70 !

Nearly forgot to mention, I scheduled in advance for an appointment for 9am. Car was not pulled in and service begun until 9:20 am.

I hope any potential customers of Tires Plus, do as I plan to and that is avoid this company like the plague! Take your vehicle to a reputable auto service facility and don't be fooled by deceptive discount coupons for service!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2013 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tires-plus-forest-lake-minnesota/forest-lake-minnesota-55025/tires-plus-forest-lake-minnesota-incompetent-and-deceptive-practices-forest-lake-minneso-1068678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Tires Plus Corporate Office

AUTHOR: BSRO Social - ()

Hello,

My name is Tom and I am from the Tires Plus Corporate Office. I have read through your post and would like to apologize for the inconvenience and service failure related to our brake service. With brake, services bleeding the brakes is needed to restore proper pressure. However, we do recommend a full brake system flush as it doubles our parts and labor warranty and is recommended scheduled maitenance from the manufacturer. If you would like to message me at social@bfrc.com with your message listed above and an invoice number from the service I would like to see what I can do to help.

Best Regards,

Tom

#2 General Comment

Anything German is Not standard

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - ()

And yes thats a Rippoff.

The fine print protects these blood suckers.

It will say some version of "Most vehicals require additional service over the advertised minimum advertised price. Many vehicals part are more expensive and require more labour time and cost to repair". Calipers and other components for German cars a ridiculosly expensive and the price you paid sugests none of these parts were replaced.

You MAY have paid a reasonable amount for the repair other than the soft pedle, but bleeding the system is not required unless the fluid is contaminated or the hydraulic system was disconected. Most minor brake repairs do not require disconection of the hydraulics.