Complaint Review: Tires Plus

• Tires Plus
    3510 Northdale Blvd NW
    Coon Rapids, Minnesota
    United States of America

Tires Plus Would not do an alignment unless I agreed to an un-needed service Coon Rapids, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Serpentine belts cracks are normal most of the time

*Consumer Comment: Serpentine belts cracks are normal most of the time

I went in there for new rear tires for my car, an oil change and an alignment. While working on the oil change, I was told that it needed a new serpentine belt because mine was cracked and ready to be replaced. I agreed to have that done...then they came out about 15 minutes later to say that the alignment couldn't be done because of the sleeve on the tie rod ends. It was rusted and the alignment could not be done unless I agreed to have that replaced at the tune of $277.48. I said I would wait on that service as I would have to check my finances first. The next day, a friend referred me to Andover Wheel and Frame and said they could help me out. I made the appt and after checking out the car, I was told that there was nothing wrong with it and it was then aligned for $54.00. Now I'm wondering if I really needed a new belt...It's amazing to me how this place can be in business when they take advantage of their clients.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2009 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tires-plus/coon-rapids-minnesota-55433/tires-plus-would-not-do-an-alignment-unless-i-agreed-to-an-un-needed-service-coon-rapids-508759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Serpentine belts cracks are normal most of the time

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

I am suprised you got out of there as cheap as you did. The serpentine belt that is manufactured on todays car is made out of a sturdier material, unlike those old v-belts before the mid 1980's. This belt will last over 50,000 miles on your car if you do not have any problems with your pulleys. Always get a second opinion for any repair you are told about while having an oil change. This belt gets these cracks because it twists back and forth around the pulleys for thousands of miles. I had the belt on my chev truck last me over 75,0000 miles before i replaced it and it snapped. It is easy to change these belts because they are under spring loaded pressure. Find the proper tool and ask a mechanic how to change this belt. You just pull back on a tensioner and its easy to remove and install. In fact on most cars, there is a diagram under the hood or in the owners manual about the belt replacement. Google autoangelmobilerepair from mpls mn and you will find a website full of deceptive practices being used by local area shops. Signed Dunwoody auto tech with 25 years honest experience. Good luck!

Serpentine belts cracks are normal most of the time

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)