Complaint Review: TLC Resorts Vacation Club

• Reported By: Carmean Ridley — Atlanta California USA
  • TLC Resorts Vacation Club

Nationwide
    USA

TLC Resorts Vacation Club Allen Marketing Group Ripoff DOES Not Disclose All Information, No contact information, Cost more than they tell you over the phone, Do not FULLY Disclose over the phone Cedar City Utah

*UPDATE Employee: Please do not buy

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: A lot has changed

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like a good deal to me

Allen Marketing Group called me and offered me a 3 night 4 day hotel stay at Bally's Casino in Las Vegas. This offer was to include 8 free show tickets, a restaurant.com card, dinner for two, a Las Vegas Bite Card, and $1000.00 travel credit. When speaking to the salesman, we talked about the travel credit specifically because that's what interested me the most. I asked him if I could use the credit at any hotel I wanted, and he said yes.

He also told me that the credit could be used for plane tickets. So I then asked if I could combine hotel and plane ticket cost and use the travel credit. He said yes. I speciffically asked if there was any strings attached to the travel credit and he explained no, I could use it the way I explained. So I bought the package for around $350.00

The deal was to receive the hotel stay and other rewards in exchange for my time listening to a presentation by TLC Resorts Vacation Club. About a week before the trip I was called by representative who told me that I have to find my own transportation to the vacation club presentation off the strip in downtown Las Vegas. Which cost $20 out of pocket using UBER.

When we arrived to Bally's, I was asked to pay resort fees for each day we stayed. ( about $32.00/per day) I did not realize I would have to pay this fee, because the salesman did not fully disclose or make it clear that there would be fees upon arrival.

The vacation club presentation was horribly uncomfortable, and misleading. They tried to sell us points for $16,000, which we said no. Then took the price down to $10,000. By the time we left the price was down to $1,200.

Lastly, the thing I most wanted out of this deal was the traveling credit. I recieved it the day after I returned form the trip. Sadly I found out I would have to pay $25 to register. I can not book a hotel at any of the locations I want. And even if I did want one of the specific locations displayed on the specific website (http://www.marketingvouchers.com) there is resort fees and other fees that need to be paid. For a trip it looks like i need to pay $350 each person!!! Out of pocket!!!! Very dissappointed.

I spoke with Brent who gave me bad customer service, then with the superivsor over customer relations named Kymberly McArthur who was very rude, aggressive with her tone, and said she could not do anyhting to help the situation but book me another $300 trip to a place I don't want to go. Not including airfare, or any other charges that come up once I have dedicated to the trip. She insaulted me stating that if I am a teacher I should have read the fine print.

The show tickets included paying extra money out of pocket as well so I did not even use them. The bitecard only works for a limited amount of restaurants and does not have good deals. The restaurant.com card gives you credit towards a meal, and does not pay for it. Which was not how they explained it worked. In order to use the card, you must pay extra out of pocket and there is always a min. amount you must purchase the restaraunt. I received a $100 card. The restaurant I wanted to go to stated I must purchase $2000 worth of food just to get $50 off. ($100 card=$50 credit)

There is no one I can call to speak to about this, only Kymberly. She wont give out any information such as who her boss is. It is a private company, that use many other companys so that they can tell you it is not their fault directly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2016 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tlc-resorts-vacation-club/nationwide/tlc-resorts-vacation-club-allen-marketing-group-ripoff-does-not-disclose-all-information-1313104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Please do not buy

AUTHOR: CustomerCare0687 - (USA)

I was an employee there for a few weeks and instantly could tell this was a scam. Please do not buy from these people. They force their employees to lie, and when a person rebuttals makes them read the T&C rather than accommodate customers. AWFUL employers. They let a rude and micromanagement woman lead the care side. And the sales side has no idea what the packages actually offer.

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

A lot has changed

AUTHOR: Customer Care and Service - (USA)

We listen to our customers and since June of 2016 I know that we have changed products for the better and have a lot of happy customers.

• Transportation (including airfare) is still not included.
  • Presentations are now scheduled closer to accommodations so you don’t have to travel as far to get there and as always, you are NEVER required to buy, sign, or join anything.
  • If you choose accommodations that require a resort fee, we’ll let you know that it’s your responsibility.
  • The Travel Credit has been replaced, there are no fees and it is very easy to use.
  • More products and better deals have been added to the discount card.
  • Restaurants will never require you to buy $2,000 in food to use your dining card. More restaurants and better deals have been added.
  • I personally strive to make sure every customer receives great customer service. We are not allowed to give bad service!

Sounds like a good deal to me

AUTHOR: frequent_traveler0210 - (USA)

I've purchased many of these discount vacation rooms in the past. After reading through this complaint I must say that this sounds like a pretty good deal. Never have I purchased a hotel room and had the hotel taxes/ fees waived. Never have I paid $350 and been able to stay at anything close to that of Bally's. It's usually crap hotels. And NEVER have I paid $350 and been given the opporunity to get show tickets, a dining credit, or any type of anything.

Can someone call me? I want to buy one of these.